Mid/Senior Software Engineer in QA Automation for Kosice
Salary1 800 EUR/monthSalary for mid-level role starting at 1800 EUR, and 2600 EUR for senior role. Salaries vary based on relevant experience and skills. 13th salary bonus based on individual and company performance.
About your roleWe are looking for a Mid up to Senior Software Engineer in QA Automation for our office in Kosice, to play pivotal role in the growth of one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies. We promise you the freedom and space you need to be creative, show off your skills, and grow your expertise.
You’ll be surrounded by like-minded geeks who think out of the box and obsess about solving problems for clients and within our products. We’ll teach you to work with Gauge, an attractive cross-platform automation tool, and Kotlin programming language.
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. We work with the latest enterprise technology and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project. Now, we’re the engineering horsepower behind a fast-growing healthtech company that helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. The company has quickly become an industry leader, but its potential for positive impact is only beginning.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are constantly modernizing our technological stack in a very thoughtful, business-driven way. Our engineers gain valuable exposure to the most advanced enterprise technologies, tools and processes, while working with technologies like Spring boot for BE, React and Typescript for FE, Kotlin and Gauge for QA Automation, Docker for deployment, Terraform and AWS for scalable infrastructure. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building production-worthy software that delivers results and reliability to the entire organization. That’s where you come in.
As our Software Engineer in QA Automation, you will be responsible for automating executable specifications of our products. We are targeting continuous delivery of new features and changes to our existing systems alike and developing well engineered tests and automation scripts are a key component of this endeavor. Success in this role will be achieved by architecting, creating and maintaining code that will power the executable specifications, and other related scripts in a web and mobile app-based environment. You participate in daily stand-ups, collaborative specification ceremonies for new features and products that are on the table, and other occasional team ceremonies. You help guide and mentor junior developers in QA Automation.
If you prefer to work with real life proven approaches (inspired by Specification by Example, Living Documentation) over cumbersome methodologies, then you are at the right place.
We’ll address your career aspirations
● This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your development and mentoring skills and sharpen your coding practices
● You’ll have several future career opportunities. You either decide to continue within QA Automation Engineering or move on to Software development. We’ll give you the tools, trainings and freedom to design your own career path
We expect you to
● Take ownership of the specification automation development, and execution for implementations on a small to medium scale
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of testable products
● Assist in determining severity of any issues found and ability communicate said information to stakeholders
● Demo your work to your team members and the stakeholders of your feature
● Participate in specification and tech meetings with business & technology teams
● Determine the root cause of issues, resolve testing issues, and drive issues to closure
● Work as a strong, agile, diligent team player
● Help and support junior colleagues
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or equivalent foreign education and experience accepted; alternatively, significant experience in the field can be assumed as proper substitute
● 3+ years of relevant experience in software development
● Strong understanding of object oriented or functional programming paradigm
● Ability to write clean and readable scripting code
● Analytical thinking with the ability to see big picture
● Written and spoken communication skills in English; (B2 category)
● Understanding of methodologies and software development life cycle with the ability to apply this knowledge to daily operations
● Familiarity with Gauge or Cucumber
● Previous testing experience
If you want more
And you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.
than “just a job”.