If you have a strong software development background and experience with BigData frameworks/projects, data streaming, batch processing and/or if you feel excited about working with lots of data, that’s a perfect fit for you! As a Data Engineer, you will primarily report to your Technical Lead.
Salary3 000 EUR/monthOffered salary varies based on relevant experience and skills. Starting at 2100 EUR/m for Mid-level and 3000 EUR/m for Senior position. Annual salary bonus based on individual & company performance.
Your roleYour day as a Data Engineer
Let’s start your day coding a little bit, after all, that’s our passion. You have to automate a pipeline using batch and streaming services to be able to get our data where it needs to go. After a few hours with total focus on your new project, you’ll have a small break to eat some chocolate and play video games with your team. In a hurry, because the next knowledge sharing session is about to start, and oh, you’re the speaker! After spreading the knowledge, quick stop for a perfect lunch with your new friends. Can’t wait to go back and code a bit more! By the way, that’s the first time you are working with something like this and StackOverflow was not able to answer your questions. Let’s discuss it with our mentor. After getting unblocked and coding a bit more, let’s get a break and stop in the meeting room for our daily with Slovak and American folks to share our updates. Maybe you still don’t know, but we utilize Kanban sessions as part of the process. But OH NO, you just realized a few new tickets are on your plate, so let’s go for a meeting and discuss it. At the end of your day, let’s go grab a beer with our American colleagues. They are here as part of our exchange program. You love this start-up-family-like energy.
- Work with stream-processing, batch processing projects/frameworks/tools to create data workflows
- Write complex SQL queries and work with NoSQL databases
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the technical design, operational support and maintenance procedures for all data pipeline tasks
- Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout the entire data pipeline
- Collaborate with the rest of the Engineering Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver the data they need to power the business
15 years of experience
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. As a leader in providing technical solutions in health insurance mediation, we have a robust digital platform that covers the entire life cycle of customers and helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. We work with the cutting-edge technologies and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are systematically modernizing our technological stack. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building easily maintainable software. That’s where you come in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience in designing and software development
- Hands on experience in any Object Oriented Language with the preference in Java or Python
- Experience with Data stream processing
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of data stores and formats (Relational, Non-relational, Flat, CSV, Excel).
- Written and spoken communication skills in English (B2 category)
- Experience consuming data from web services, SOAP and REST technologies, HTML, XML and JSON
- Experience with a streaming platform such as Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Experience with a batch data processing and workflow orchestrator, such as Airflow, Luigi, Pinball, Chronos, or similar
- Experience with different kinds of databases: SQL (MySQL, SQL Server), NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, HBase), columnar (Redshift, Parquet), memory (Redis)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we're dedicated to building an inclusive working environment. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
If you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.