Neváhajte a pošlite životopis! O prácu sa uchádzajú aj kandidáti, ktorí nespĺňajú úplne všetky požiadavky.
Senior Data Engineer, Python
SalarySalaries vary based on relevant experience and skills. Senior starting at 2600 EUR. 13th salary bonus based on individual and company performance.
About your roleLike being around other entrepreneurial geeks? Are you looking for the space to do great things? Want to play a pivotal role in the growth of one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies? Then we want to hear from you.
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. We work with the latest enterprise technology and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project. Now, we’re the engineering horsepower behind a fast-growing healthtech company that helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. The company has quickly become an industry leader, but its potential for positive impact is only beginning.
Our technology has and always will play a key role in our growth, and we are constantly modernizing our technological stack in a very thoughtful, business-driven way. Our engineers gain valuable exposure to the most advanced enterprise technologies, tools and processes, while working with emerging technologies like Spring boot for BE, React and Typescript for FE, Kotlin and Gauge for QA Automation, Docker for deployment, Terraform and AWS for scalable infrastructure. In Data Engineering and Data Science Team the primary focus is on DWH (SQL Server), ETL (SSIS), Airflow, Python, Tableau. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building production-worthy software that delivers results and reliability to the entire organization. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for Senior Data Engineer, Python who can help translate business needs into technical solutions. In this role, you will be asked to design, implement, and basically own various data pipelines, advanced models, experiments and data & ETL infrastructure necessary for full scale data science, predictive analytics and machine learning. You will be creating services powered by ML models to be utilized by our front-end consumer and back-office applications as well as the entire back-end ecosystem.
● Design, develop and deploy optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various internal and external data sources
● Monitor, execute and report on all data pipeline tasks while working with appropriate teams to take corrective action quickly, in case of issues
● Perform unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
● Adapt data components to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements
● Create and maintain documentation of the technical detail design, operational support and maintenance procedures for all data pipeline tasks
● Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout entire data pipeline, continuously improve existing codebase
● Collaborate with the rest of the Data Engineering Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver new data-related processes and/or reports
● Mentor, guide, and develop software and data engineers within the team, contribute in design sessions and assist in fixing existing bugs
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering or equivalent experience required
● 4+ years of experience with Python Development (design and development of data pipelines and tasks)
● Excellent understanding of Python and strong knowledge of various Python modules/libraries, APIs and toolkits such as pandas, numpy, Flask, scikit-learn, and sci-py
● Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling
● Hands-on experience with troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning SQL queries
● Proven experience extracting data from structured data sources (SQL, Excel, CSV files, Couchbase) and unstructured data sources (Splunk, log files) both on-premise and in the cloud
● Experience consuming data from web services, SOAP and REST technologies, HTML, XML and JSON
● Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git, including branching and merging flows
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (B2+), with the ability to articulate complex processes to individuals of varying technical abilities
● Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy
● The ability to mentor, guide, and develop Data Engineers within the team
● Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, or Azure
● Experience with Apache (airbnb) Airflow
● Familiar with other data warehouse platforms like AWS Redshift or AWS Data Pipeline
● Familiarity with docker and docker-compose
If you want more
And you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.
than “just a job”.