Neváhajte a pošlite životopis! O prácu sa uchádzajú aj kandidáti, ktorí nespĺňajú úplne všetky požiadavky.
Data Engineer, Python
SalarySalary for junior role starting at 1300 EUR, for mid-level at 1800 EUR, and 2600 EUR for senior role. Salaries vary based on relevant experience and skills. 13th salary bonus based on individual and company performance.
About your roleLike being around other entrepreneurial geeks? Are you looking for the space to do great things? Want to play a pivotal role in the growth of one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies? Then we want to hear from you.
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. We work with the latest enterprise technology and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project. Now, we’re the engineering horsepower behind a fast-growing healthtech company that helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. The company has quickly become an industry leader, but its potential for positive impact is only beginning.
Our technology has and always will play a key role in our growth, and we are constantly modernizing our technological stack in a very thoughtful, business-driven way. Our engineers gain valuable exposure to the most advanced enterprise technologies, tools and processes, while working with emerging technologies like Spring boot for BE, React and Typescript for FE, Kotlin and Gauge for QA Automation, Docker for deployment, Terraform and AWS for scalable infrastructure. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building production-worthy software that delivers results and reliability to the entire organization. That’s where you come in.
As our data engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of data transformation tasks used in transforming data into a format that can be easily analyzed. We are seeking for candidates with Python programming skills, who have experience in data analysis, collection, and optimization for the purpose of informing business decisions. You will work with other team members in owning data pipelines including execution, documentation, maintenance, and metadata management. You will also support the development of the data infrastructure necessary for full scale data science, predictive analytics and machine learning.
● Design, develop and deploy optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various internal and external data sources
● Monitor, execute and report on all data pipeline tasks while working with appropriate teams to take corrective action quickly, in case of issues
● Perform unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
● Adapt data components to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements
● Create and maintain documentation of the technical detail design, operational support and maintenance procedures for all data pipeline tasks
● Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout entire data pipeline
● Collaborate with the rest of the Data Engineering Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver new data-related processes and/or reports
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering or equivalent experience required
● 2+ years of experience in the design and development of data pipelines and tasks
● Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling
● Hands-on experience with troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning SQL queries
● Experience in Python including in modules/libraries such as pandas, numpy, Flask, scikit-learn, and sci-py
● Proven experience extracting data from structured data sources (SQL, Excel, CSV files, Couchbase) and unstructured data sources (Splunk, log files) both on-premise and in the cloud
● Experience consuming data from web services, SOAP and REST technologies, HTML, XML and JSON
● Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git, including branching and merging flows
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (B2+), with the ability to articulate complex processes to individuals of varying technical abilities
● Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy
● Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, or Azure
● Familiar with other data warehouse platforms like AWS Redshift or AWS Data Pipeline
● Familiarity with docker and docker-compose
If you want more
And you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.
than “just a job”.