Principal Software Engineer, Technical Lead
SalaryMinimum salary starting at 4500 EUR. Salaries vary based on relevant experience & skills, 13th salary bonus based on individual & company performance.
About your roleAre you a motivator, a maker and an out-of-the-box thinker? If so, we want to hear from you.
Since 2005, our leaders have built our company from an initial vision into a thriving team of nearly 100 talented developers.
We work with the latest enterprise technology and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project. Now, we’re the engineering horsepower behind a fast-growing healthtech company that helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. The company has quickly become an industry leader, but its potential for positive impact is only beginning.
Our technology plays a key role in our growth, and we are constantly modernizing our technological stack in a very thoughtful, business-driven way. Our engineers gain valuable exposure to the most advanced enterprise technologies, tools and processes, while working with emerging technologies like Spring boot for BE, React and Typescript for FE, Kotlin and Gauge for QA Automation, Docker for deployment, Terraform and AWS for scalable infrastructure. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building production-worthy software that delivers results and reliability to the entire organization. As we usher in the next phase of growth, we’re looking for a proven, passionate technology leader to continue building our capabilities.
Your mandate as our principal software engineer? To lead the design and development of high-performing, scalable solutions that can handle high transaction volumes and ensure 24/7 access to critical healthcare solutions. As a principal, you’ll report directly to our VP of Engineering and play a key role in production architecture. You’ll be involved in key technical and business decisions, engaging cross-functional teams to develop the most effective solutions. We’re looking for someone to be the guiding force behind our technical product development, constantly look for ways to improve our processes and technology and be a key mentor to our growing team.
Here’s what we’d love to see:
● You’re a natural leader, serving as the go-to technical lead for high-priority technical topics, mentoring team members, and helping to identify and coach promising new talent. You’ll work directly with our Chicago-based team, so excellent communication skills and a strong grasp of English are givens.
● You know how to write a playbook. Taking a critical eye to all our processes and tools, you’ll enhance our processes and technology, our deployment patterns and our development guidelines, and recommended standards and tooling to help us work more efficiently and effectively.
● You understand business and code speak, connecting lower-level technical details to needs of the business.
● You’re kind of a big deal in the tech community, finding opportunities to make us part of the larger conversation among the global tech and healthcare community, engage in startup community-building activities, like open source projects, and bring back best practices and ideas to our own team.
Required skills● 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and operating production systems)
● Excellent spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate an architecture effectively, have excellent rationale, and be able to justify it convincingly to peers
● Previous leadership experience (could be the most senior technical staff, or a CTO of a small company)
● Proven experience collaborating with multiple business layers, both internal and external, to deliver SaaS products through all aspects of the SDLC
● Thorough understanding of software development process, automation, and quality assurance
● Well-rounded experience, with a generalist background in front-end React, Angular or Vuejs and back-end Java/Spring and Nodejs development (strong backend experience is required)
● Experience with Python/Django, Ruby on Rails, and Grails is most welcome
● Experience with Linux or *BSD, and Open Source tools, frameworks, and technologies
● Experience with various hosting solutions and cloud services such as AWS, Heroku, Azure, VPS, on-premise, etc.
● Fluent on networking, transport protocols, security, and monitoring
● Deep knowledge of SOA, SOAP/WS, messaging systems
● Experience in application profiling, performance monitoring, concurrent systems, JVM garbage collectors and heap management
● Strong experience with various types of databases/application servers
If you want more
And you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.
than “just a job”.