Sr Oracle DBA - great opportunity to work on IPG projects!
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25, 851 01 Bratislava 5
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- Would you like to be a part of International DBA team? Would you like to work on First Data IPG platform? Now we are offering you a great opportunity for your career and personal growth to be a part on global DBA team which works on FD IPG projects.
First Data’s IPG provides different interfaces for authorization and settlement of various payment methods and related services :
• Tight integration with our world-class processing platform OmniPay
• Integrated with 9 further card processing platforms
• Direct integration with 7 Alternative Payment schemes
• Integrated with 25+ Shopping Carts and industry solutions
• PCI DSS Level 1 compliant
• 100% uptime in nearly every month since 3+ years
• White label payment gateway for 14 Merchant Services providers globally
We are currently looking for Sr Oracle Database Administrator who will join our international DBA team, as part of Engineering team focused on performance of the supporting environments. As a Database Administrator you will be providing that high quality and availability databases across the International region.
If you are a candidate we are looking for, you will have moderate or expert level skills in relevant database technologies, understand business requirements and technical implementation of distributed services architectures, and have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with engineering teams in other geographies to define and implement broad, business-wide standards for the way databases are designed and implemented. Next, strategy will be translated into efficient and scalable implementation methodologies and tracked by meaningful metrics.
* Database & Application (SQL) performance tuning
* Design, develop, implement and maintain Oracle database instances
* Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
* Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/development support
* Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams
* Test, validate and implement performance and resource solutions
- Other benefits
- We are offering you generous amount of benefits, e.g. :
- company stocks
- Flexible working time
- Meal vouchers – fully covered by the company
- Contribution to pension plan
- Health care - Private medical center
- Sport benefits
and others . . .
- Contract type
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
- Personality requirements and skills
- We are always supporting our new colleague but it is still required to have some experience and skills for this position as well.
Our new colleague needs to have experience of Oracle DB administration on Unix/Linux (3+), including at least 2 years of hands-on DB administration, 1 or more years hands-on DB development projects.
Ability to work independently during oncalls is more than welcomed :)
If you can communicate without a problem in English, you are reliable (this is important, you will work with sensitive data) and you are personally meeting requirements noted above, we are waiting for your application!
- Brief description of the company
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
First Data’s International division is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With more than eight billion transactions annually and more than 70 million card accounts on file outside the U.S., First Data powers the payments value chain across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting clients around the world with offices in 34 countries.
We help businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: credit and debit card issuing and acquiring, point of sale terminals and deployment services, gift card and loyalty solutions, eCommerce, information and analytics solutions, card production and mailing, mobile solutions and more.
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information technology, computer programming, web portals
- First Data Slovakia, s.r.o.
Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25
851 01 Bratislava 5
Contact person: Jana Stefanovicova
E-mail: send CV