Desktop Services Analyst (Ref. No.: 520251)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25, 851 01 Bratislava 5
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- • Manage incoming requests and consults with users to assist in determining hardware, software, or system specifications.
• Providing remote telephonic support End users across EMEA.
• Assists in designing, developing, testing and implementing technical solutions for business applications.
• Responds to work requests regarding installation, configuration and/or maintenance of client software and the deployment of new technology releases, patches and virus remediation, performing new PC installations, troubleshooting, and software repair.
• Meet service level agreement on work assigned through ticketing system.
• Support Desktop / Laptop Migration to VDI
• Manage break fix tickets to resolve with in the SLA to ensure day-to-day operations of employee desktop / laptop equipment
• Maintains ticket system and prioritizes work according to the open issues posted
- Other benefits
- • Money and bonuses
Meal vouchers – fully covered by FDS
Diners club - private credit card without fees
Bratislavská mestská karta without fees
Contribution to pension plan
Health care - Private medical center
Life and Accident Insurance
25 full paid sick leave days per year
5 sick days
Bottomless drinks, coffee and tea in your office
• Work-life balance
Flexible working time
Leisure time events with your colleagues
• Your development
English language courses
Global University with thousands of e-learning courses
Long term career development
Hard & Soft skills trainings
Possibility of internal transfer to foreign branch office
- Contract type
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
- Personality requirements and skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Desktop support
A solid understanding of all aspects of operating system administration; e.g. system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software, configuration of mail systems
Experience supporting virtualized desktop environments and utilizing and configuring e.g. VMware VDI
Experience with Citrix and supporting and troubleshooting mobile devices (Blackberry and Android) – Seen as advantage
Troubleshooting Windows 7
Problem solving skills, troubleshooting and analysis skills
Works well on a team and with limited supervision
Willingness to learning new technologies
Excellent skills in written and verbal English is a MUST
Excellent skills in written and verbal German is an advantage
- Brief description of the company
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
First Data’s International division is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With more than eight billion transactions annually and more than 70 million card accounts on file outside the U.S., First Data powers the payments value chain across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting clients around the world with offices in 34 countries.
We help businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: credit and debit card issuing and acquiring, point of sale terminals and deployment services, gift card and loyalty solutions, eCommerce, information and analytics solutions, card production and mailing, mobile solutions and more.
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information technology, computer programming, web portals