Neváhajte a pošlite životopis! O prácu sa uchádzajú aj kandidáti, ktorí nespĺňajú úplne všetky požiadavky.
Oracle Database Administrator (Senior)
Erste Group IT International GmbH, o. z. Slovakia
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
We offer a great opportunity to join our agile team of Database (mainly Oracle) professionals as part of our DevOps division. Our focus is to provide top-notch solutions for Data Warehousing, Analytics, system integration and automation applicable for group-wide IT solutions. We cover entire IT lifecycle, from design up to daily operations. Therefore we have a strategic role within Erste Group, providing innovative and reliable On-Premise or cloud based solutions to all group entities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oracle database administration (end to end)
- DB design and deployments for multiple environments (DEV, TEST, FAT, UAT, PROD)
- Applying DB changes (i.e. security settings, parameters, patching)
- DB level security/policy checking
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Defining and executing test scenarios
- Creating, running SQL and/or PL/SQL scripts
- Plan and execute RMAN backups and restores
- Solve possible daily operation/production issues
- Scripting: create and maintain scripts for db administration and automation
- Support for other DB systems (MS SQL, DB2, Postgress, etc..)
- Writing technical and operational documentation
- Supporting solution analysis and design phase
- Working in agile squads, applying agile principles
- On-call duty support (1 week every second month)
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards
Employee perks, benefits
- International environment
- Friendly and helpful team of experts
- Opportunity to speak English/German on daily base
- Language courses
- Attractive annual financial bonus
- Paid sick leave
- Home office
- Flexible working time
- 4 days of extra holiday per year
- Coaching, on-the-job-training, and professional training opportunities
- We foster a work environment in where age, skin color, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
Personality requirements and skills
- Preferred Education background in IT, Technology, Mathematics, Economics
- English – Advanced (will be used on daily bases)
- 3+ years of proved Oracle DBA experience:
- Hands-on experience with Oracle DB, RMAN, RAC, ASM
- Hands-on experience with VLDB (at least 5 Terabytes) performance tuning
- Expert knowledge of relational database design
- Experience with Shell and/or Python scripting
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Control and Data Guard is a plus
- Oracle EXADATA experience is a plus
- Experience in IT production operations tasks and duties
- Solution design and deployment experience
- Team player – we like to share and support others within a team, we are working in a squad of 6 team members, which requires tight cooperation
- Clear and structured communication style, we believe the communication is a key to sharing knowledge and delivering on our commitments
- Fast learner, the environment is changing quickly and we need to adapt to newest technology trends
Brief description of the company
We provide development, implementation and integration as well as operations of group-wide IT solutions. Therefore, we play a strategic role within Erste Group, offering the best service for the best price.
IT solutions provider of Erste Group, supplying Group Solutions to Erste Holding and its CEE subsidiaries.
As part of Erste Group, Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) provides development, implementation and integration as well as operations of group-wide IT solutions for the international banking business and therefore plays a strategic role within Erste Group.
Group IT solutions are provided in the following areas:
•Group-wide digital banking,
• Wholesale banking and capital markets,
• Bank steering functions (risk management & financial management) as well as BI systems and the Group Data Warehouse.
We operate offices in Austria, Slovakia and Czech Republic with more than 900 employees.
All services are provided to Erste Group entities and include:
• Management of software development and integration projects (planning of the required budget and resources, coordination of the requirements collection, specification and implementation)
• Requirements definition with the customers and their integration into the existing process landscape
• Software development, integration and testing based on elaborated technical concepts
• Architecture and business analysis
• Deployment of the solution (handover to operations)
• Operations and maintenance of applications (problem handling, bug fixing and minor improvements)
• Integration of third party software into the existing IT landscape
IT driven change
Being the best at IT also means being the best at change. We are an enabler for new emerging business lines at group level which go beyond country boundaries. We help new business lines to integrate quickly and become part of Erste Group. We serve as an agent of change.
Number of employees
831 04 Bratislava