IT Security Engineer (Ref. No.: 17001552P)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Dvořákovo nábrežie 4 Bratislava 81102 Slovakia Bratislava 81102 Slovakia
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- The IT Security Engineer is responsible for evaluating, developing, designing, testing, implementing, and deploying security devices, systems and infrastructure used to mitigate risk and safeguard the organization’s information assets. Plans, designs and develops security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. Works with management and other personnel, as needed, to identify security needs.
• Design, deploy, test, document and manage enterprise security solutions, systems & infrastructure.
• Provide technical expertise and analysis for all areas of security technology, including network security, platform security, authentication/authorization systems, identity & access management systems, application security and security infrastructure.
• Participate in the development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architectures and systems.
• Identify and remediate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities across networks, systems and applications.
• Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new and/or improved information security devices, systems & infrastructure.
• Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information stored & processed by and/or in the custody of Epicor Software.
• Work with appropriate technology groups to evaluate, select, install, and configure hardware & software systems to comply with established enterprise security standards and policies.
• Develop technical documentation to support the design, evaluation, selection, installation, and maintenance of security systems.
• Keep abreast of emerging security threats, industry trends, technologies, products and services.
• Produce and maintain detailed IT security engineering specifications, designs and documentation.
• Develop and document technical security standards to comply with policies and best practices.
• Conduct technical evaluations of IT systems for compliance with security policies, standards and best practices.
• Implements security remediation for non-compliant areas of IT.
• Support other department initiatives and deliverables as needed
• BS or BA degree (preferably in a technology related field) or any combination of equivalent education, experience, and formal training that allows the candidate to meet the requirements of the job.
• CISSP and/or relevant SANS/GIAC certifications strongly desired but not required.
• 4 or more years of information technology experience, at least 2 of them in a relevant information security and/or risk management field.
• In depth knowledge of the IT security industry & best practices. Broad knowledge of the IT industry as a whole.
• Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
• Prior information security engineering experience in as many of the following areas a possible:
o Operating system and platform security (Microsoft Windows and Linux required. Mac OS X, IOS and Android strongly desired).
o Network security (LAN, WAN, MPLS, VPN).
o Storage Area Network (SAN) security
o Application & System security.
o Cloud, virtual and Software-Defined Network (SDN) security.
o Network, application and next-generation firewalls.
o Intrusion detection & prevention systems.
o Unified threat management systems.
o Digital Loss Prevention (DLP) systems.
o Secure Web Gateway systems.
o Wireless & mobile device security.
o Anti-virus and malware systems.
o Log-monitoring and event management systems.
o Security scanning and vulnerability detection tools.
o Identity & access management systems.
o Directory services (Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, etc.)
o Voice Over IP (VOIP) security.
o Camera, biometric and physical access systems.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Salary offered (gross)
- by agreement
- Start date
- Other benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Contract type
- Information about the selection process
- Visit www.epicor.com for more information
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Business correspondence - advanced
- Personality requirements and skills
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
Eye for Details
Excellent organisation skills
- Brief description of the company
- "Grow your business with Epicor"
Epicor Software Corporation provides industry-specific business software designed around the needs of manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services organizations. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique business processes and operational requirements is built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises.
Today, over 20,000 customers in 150 countries around the world rely on our expertise and solutions to improve performance and profitability. Epicor is driving growth for companies globally with solutions including:
Epicor Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Human Capital Management (HCM)
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Epicor products are working today on a global scale, delivering impressive benefits to companies just like yours. With a deep understanding of your industry, Epicor solutions promote growth while managing complexity and increasing efficiency. The result is powerful solutions that free your resources so you can grow your business.
For more information, please visit www.epicor.com
Epicor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information technology, computer programming, web portals
- Number of employees
- 1000 an more employees