Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia
Senior Data Engineer (Big Data) (REF501E) + Sign on Bonus 5000 Eur
Place of work
3 100 EUR/monthFinal salary is negotiable. We are offering base salary depending on seniority level and previous experience of candidate. In addition to base salary we provide variable part and other financial benefits. Base salary will not be lower than 3100 € /brutto.
At Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia, we believe that our people are our most valuable asset so be ready that we will invest in you a lot. Work-life balance is in our DNA, whether you wish to work on our premises or remotely, it is entirely up to you. Not to mention, we offer you professional development opportunities beyond measure. Using cutting-edge technologies on global projects and being appreciated and recognized by your employer for your highly value-added job? Also something you may enjoy only with us.
Proposed Career Path
As Senior Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining robust data infrastructure and pipelines that enable efficient data processing, storage, and analysis. You will be a part of an international SCRUM team, where you get to work on various projects with other experts from the field. You may focus on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) transformation, where you will be driving the migration, modernization, and optimization of data infrastructure and workflows onto GCP. Or you can bear responsibility for developing pipelines in OneDataLake, implementing data integrations into Data Vault, balancing IT & business demands in order to build efficient pipelines in public cloud environments. Not to mention, you can also be engaged in training and fine-tuning generative language models or in predicting 5G network usage and coverage. Opportunities are plenty and so it is up to you to pick one. And with your expertise rising, you can be soon promoted to Lead Data Engineer.
What will you do?
- You will be designing and implementing scalable data architectures, ensuring efficient storage, processing, and retrieval of large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- You will be collaborating with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and software engineers, to understand their data needs and develop solutions to meet those requirements.
- You will be leading the development and maintenance of data pipelines, orchestrating the extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes to ingest data from various sources into the data warehouse.
- You will be optimizing data workflows, identifying performance bottlenecks, and implementing strategies to improve data processing speed and efficiency.
- You will be ensuring data quality and integrity by implementing data validation and cleansing techniques, as well as monitoring data pipelines for errors or inconsistencies.
- You will be working closely with data governance teams to establish data security and compliance protocols, ensuring adherence to industry standards and regulations.
- You will be continuously evaluating and integrating new technologies and tools into the data ecosystem, keeping up with industry trends and best practices to enhance data engineering capabilities.
- You will be mentoring and providing guidance to junior data engineers, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment to promote professional growth and development within the team.
You will succeed if you:
- Have minimum 3 years experience in Data Engineering
- Have excellent skills and knowledge of Python programming language and Java
- Are an expert in SQL/no SQL databases, Data Warehouse, Big Data technologies and BigQuery
- Have experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka and ETL/ELT process
- Are an expert in a cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure), preferably Google cloud
- Are advanced at Soft skills such as Communication, Team Cooperation
- Are an Expert at Analytical skills and problem solving
- Speak English minimum on B2 level
Why should you choose us?
We believe in balance between work and personal life. An attractive and extensive work-life balance portfolio guarantees lasting motivation for employees and thus a better quality of life, promotes physical and mental well-being and contributes to a positive work environment. All this with the aim of providing more freedom in reconciling work, career growth, private life and individual lifestyle. Therefore we offer to our employees over 25 different benefits to improve their personal and professional life in these areas:
- Financial benefits
- Benefits with focus on learning and development *
- Benefits with focus on health and sport *
- Benefits with focus on family and work - life balance
- Other benefits *
For more information about our benefits click to Benefits
Benefits with * are applicable also to part-time positions.
This information may be subject to changes and other internal rules.
Wage (gross)3 100 EUR/monthFinal salary is negotiable. We are offering base salary depending on seniority level and previous experience of candidate. In addition to base salary we provide variable part and other financial benefits. Base salary will not be lower than 3100 € /brutto.
E-mail: send CV