Data Engineering Internship
Dell has been active in Slovakia since January 2003. We started as a centre of sales and customer support and transfer into a business centre supporting the whole EMEA region and the main financial hub of Dell, globally. We offer a broad palette of positions in IT, finance, sales, marketing, data science, technical support and business process support.
We are very honored and humbled to receive 3rd place in an annual 'best employer' survey conducted by Profesia amongst Shared Service Centers in Slovakia for the year 2018. Join our team and be part of life at Dell.
Are you keen to work in a dynamic Analytics environment where you can bring in your innovative ideas and work cross-functionally to develop first-class data driven analytics programs?
We are developing internship Program for passionate student to join our Data scientists and Data engineering team in Bratislava.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives.
Our interns get familiar with our data via data preparation and transformation. During this time they receive full support from senior team members and after certain period our interns put hands on modelling and data science.
• Pulling and structuring large data sets and applying advanced statistical methods
• Writing configuration files (yaml) for internal tool
• Collect and transform unstructured data into actionable insight in big data environment (ETL, Machine learning , Hadoop )
• Specify source of data (SQL DB, Flat File, API vi Python), transform data for destination in Hadoop.
• Contribute to improve Process and reduce overall issues via algorithmic solution ( Python)
Essential and desirable requirement
• Daily full-time student willing to work with us for at least 1 year
• Able to work 20 hours a week during work days
• Min. 2 years of education in Computer Science/IT, Applied Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent science field
• Education (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Computer Science/IT, Applied Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent science field;
• Willing to master Data transformation and database development ( ETL, SQL OLAP, Teradata)
• With Team work spirit and enable to be part of a global team, with remote leaders and peers
• Being self-reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Learn more about our Career & Benefits