Big Data Engineer Sr. Analyst
Dell has been active in Slovakia since January 2003. We started as a centre of sales and customer support and transfer into a business centre supporting the whole EMEA region and the main financial hub of Dell, globally. We offer a broad palette of positions in IT, finance, sales, marketing, data science, technical support and business process support.
We are very honored and humbled to receive 3rd place in an annual 'best employer' survey conducted by Profesia amongst Shared Service Centers in Slovakia for the year 2018. Join our team and be part of life at Dell.
We are transforming Marketing at Dell. Come join the best and the brightest to bring “Personalization at Scale” vision to life. Leveraging Dell Technology intellectual property, we are building one of the world's largest customer data lake bringing billions customer contacts and data together to drive our #digitaltransformation. If you love changing the status quo, and empowering the curious to engineer marketing excellence - we invite the curious to join our Modeling & Customer Intelligence team. #GoBig #GoFast.
About the position
Our data scientists & engineers are helping to shape our marketing strategy for a digital world.
What are our goals in Marketing?
Grow the buyer base;
Build the best content.
The models and solutions you deliver will be the essential ingredient we use to supply our customers & sales with relevant product recommendations and creative breakthroughs to our business.
You will work with other engineers and data scientists to solve some of the hardest business problems. You will learn what it takes to build, deploy & scale ML/AI models in real-world (it’s a hard problem, we assure you). You will build analytical data sets on which model’s will be built. This would entail two key tasks – feature engineering on large datasets and optimization of our pipelines to drive scalability. If you are already good at it, we will make you better.
We offer you a fast-paced work environment in a diverse team with exposure to Dell teams across the globe. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and cross-functional team focused on making significant business impacts.
- Feature engineering: Stitching together and aggregation of multiple large data sets working with the data scientist to a desired format
- You will need to optimize both queries and architecture to support big data sets. SQL is usually the preferred language, but some Spark jobs are necessary
- Data pipelining: Once the initial dataset are prepared, it is normally run through a further pipeline to prepare it for modelling. Here you will create features that make ML/AI algorithms work (e.g. translating text into category variables). Python/R is usually the preferred language
Essential and desirable requirement
- Rock star SQL & Python/R skills.
- Education (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have professional experience. 2+ years of experience in Data or BI engineering dealing with large complex data scenarios
In addition to the above, it’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive), along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Experience in software development in one or more languages, such as Scala, Java, Go, C++ and/or similar.
- Experience in Graph database is a Plus.
- Proven ability to work with varied data infrastructures – including relational databases, column stores, NoSQL databases, and file-based storage solutions.
- Ability to set up containerized services using e.g. Harmony, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Exposure to machine learning or machine learning pipelines is a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Learn more about our Career & Benefits