Sales Tax Analyst
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Do you have strong interest in finance and tax? In Tax department, we are looking for a Sales Tax Analyst to join our team in Bratislava.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
The Sales and Use Tax Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of sales tax compliance. Responsibilities include reviewing transaction data, compiling data for completion of tax returns, scheduling tax payments, reviewing customer exemption requests, and addressing customer tax issues. This position applies various work practices, systems, and analytical skills to ensure timely and accurate tax compliance.
- Reconcile monthly sales and use tax accounts
- Participates in the maintenance of tax records and preparation of tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with relevant tax regulations
- Compile data for sales tax return filings
- Process sales tax payments
- Assist in preparation of monthly use tax review and accrual
- Review customer exemption requests
- Assist internal and external customers with tax calculation requests
- Assist with other special projects specifically related to sales & use tax
Essential and desirable requirement
- Undergraduate Accounting or Finance degree
- Previous job related experience (0-2 years) preferred, but not required
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong communication (written/oral), interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Detail oriented and self-starter