Microsoft Business Development Manager
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Microsoft OEM Sales Center Business Development Manager (SCBDM) will provide presales support for the DellEMC sales across the Germany. This role is responsible for effective communication of the business and technical value of the Microsoft core products and solutions to DellEMC Sales Agents & decision makers across the applicable DellEMC segments through DellEMCs Sales Centers & with DellEMC Partners (Distis & Resellers) resulting in Microsoft sales revenue across Client, Office & Server solutions.
The SCBDM should demonstrates very concise and effective communication with customers and solid relationships with DellEMC sellers and stakeholders to provide effective DellEMC Readiness of Microsoft OEM product & services, delivering appropriate sales awareness of these products and services through local sales activities to accelerate and close Microsoft sales opportunities across Client, Office & Server.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drive DellEMC Sales Readiness with DellEMC Agents and Channel Partners by education on product and licensing scenarios for Microsoft solutions (i.e. Server Virtualization, Windows Professional Imaging Rights, SQL licensing, Data center, Enterprise Solution selling).
• Ability to compare, contrast and sell Microsoft’s offerings with other companies in the industry to DellEMC Sales Agents and Channel Partners
• Ensure all essential product training to the DellEMC Sales Agents by business segment is up to date
• Act as a “Trusted Advisor” to the DellEMC Sales center sales teams & their Partners to assist in solution readiness on the Microsoft stack and assist in driving presales support with DellEMC customers. This will require being Microsoft Sales Certified on these key products in the 1st 30 days of this role.
• Be the expert and evangelize Business Value of Microsoft vs. key competitors Drive Microsoft OEM Client, Office & Server Sales through the DellEMC Sales Center teams in the Germany. This can be directly with the customer on calls or by working with the DellEMC / Partner Agents and teams to close specific deals
• Weekly monitoring of DellEMC Online & Prem Pages to ensure accurate pricing is available to DellEMC customers and partners. Drive awareness to Corp team for any discrepencies to be fixed ASAP
• Ensure all RAMP self-certifications are completed and RAMP DellEMC Ready training material is rolled out to the DellEMC sales team by business segment for the Germany
• Perform weekly ISR audits on Microsoft Sales messages across the DellEMC Business Segment teams and ensure the DellEMC teams have the most current OEM scenarios, scripts and product collateral
• Together with the German Microsot PAM & DellEMC Sales & Marketing Leads develop and agree Quarterly Sales Center plans for Client, Office & Server for Germany Sales Center and DellEMC Partner sites with demonstrated ROI in excess of minimum 15:1
• Work with DellEMC Sales & Marketing as well as Microsoft PAM & OEM Marketing local teams to dirve optimum awareness to any product deals / special offers / bundles and evangelise these through the DellEMC’s Direct & Channel routes to market.
• Evangelise Microsoft Sales Contests & SPIFFs driven by DellEMC after Microsoft PAM approval with incremental ROI’s equal to or greater than defined guidelines. Review results and approve any reward payments for DellEMC once agreed targets have been achieved.
• Weekly sales management, tracking and close, reporting weekly metrics like all other Sales Center BDMs
• Track & monitor weekly activities (Activity Tracker) with focus on key activities - Readiness, Sales Management & Deal Closure at DellEMC Sales Centers and at DellEMC Partner sites as appropriate
• Working in the relevant sales center or at key Channel partner locations to drive sales and acting as the local Microsoft escalation point to close deals.
• Work with DellEMC Sales teams on Big Deals across Client, Office & Server to bring to fast close
• Escalating and closing issues with the DellEMC Sales Center teams and Channel Partners as needed.
• Track own activities to drive continuous Sales focus and workload prioritization
• Drive sales revenue to Green through the DellEMC Sales Center business segment programs for Office, Server & Windows, developing joint plans with the Microsoft PAM on any Correction of Error (COE) needed for achieving business revenue targets.
• Proactively hunt for new business working closely with the PAM & DellEMC Sales Leads as they develop new business channels through dormant account revival, new accounts, and business acquisitions.
• Provide coaching support to DellEMC Sales Reps
• Partner with Dell-EMC Business Leads, Partners & Microsoft PAMs to build and support Quarterly plans
• Deliver on key elements of the Windows, Server & Office plans for Germany
• Build trusted advisor relationship and ensure regular synch with the relevant Business partners across DellEMC Sales center, Local DellEMC Marketing & Channel Partners