Global Tax Automation Internship (University student)
The Dell Tax team is seeking a qualified candidate for its Global Tax Automation team in Bratislava. Team offers flexible working schedule and open to new ideas challenging existing processes. There is an opportunity to learn about and be part of many projects and aspects of finance (tax, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting), Sales support, Supply Chain (order management, flow of goods), and process redesigning. You will have the opportunity to learn from the subject matter experts in the field at Dell.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Successful candidate will work closely with Dell’s global business tax teams and Dell’s IT organization. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining Excel/Access bases solutions, tax systems, specifically those impacting indirect tax or transfer pricing and corporate taxes. Candidate will work primarily with tax, finance, sales, and IT to resolve incidents with the applications (incorrect tax calculation, etc.). Candidate will communicate and work closely with large cross-functional teams throughout the world.
Main responsibilities include:
• Solution, test, document and apply system changes and process changes to resolve issues
• Monitor the tax custom built solutions and determination system and provide solutions to business users as incidents arise
• Develop understanding of systems that interface with tax systems, sales, product, order management, and invoicing systems
• Extract, transform and report on large data sets for further analysis
• Identify and document business requirements, process flows, system flows, etc.
• Drive resolution of issues back into appropriate groups to ensure resolution when appropriate
• Work to continuously analyze overall processes and identify changes to streamline activities and drive down costs
• Assist business partners in understanding tax systems functionality
Essential and desirable requirement
• Daily university student (long term internship - 1 year with possibility to prolong)
• Business English
• Able to work well in collaborative teams and fast paced environment
• Ability and willingness to quickly learn new IT systems
• Excel knowledge
• SQL, Access and/or Visio experience is a plus
• Programming (eg. VBA, C, object oriented programming) experience
• Familiarity with standard business flows
Salary: 4.50 EUR gross/hourly