Software Procurement Advisor – Maternity Backfill
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Procurement Senior Advisor on our Contract Management team in Bratislava (Maternity Backfill).
At Dell, we work with customers and partners as extraordinary as our products and services. Our commercial relationships are underpinned by robust contracts – our Contract Management team makes sure of it. They review, negotiate, structure and administer diverse contractual documents. Collaborating with cross-functional organizations to structure and manage the contracting process, they make sure that contracts are the foundation of strong business relationships. We also rely on their advice around contractual rights, obligations, terms and conditions.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- this role includes GCM (Global Category Manager) responsibilities such as supplier relationship management, cost savings negotiations, supplier rationalization activities, quarterly business reviews and category ownership
- coordinates contractual process, addresses issues, collects approvals and drives entire process to conclusion to assure best quality at best value for Dell
- analyzes and develops contractual documents to ensure compliance with company policies, legal and regulatory requirements and business specifications
- provides contractual and commercial expertise, support and guidance in the development and negotiation of licensing contracts, including risk assessment and alternate positions and consults with respective functions on behalf of business and Procurement to achieve consensus and agreement with supplier
- understands software licensing deals, their cost structure and broad supply base to achieve cost savings target based on deep understanding of key trends and market conditions for industry
- builds and maintains relationships with selected software suppliers (Tier2, Tier3 supplier ownership)
- assists with development and execution of global software category strategy (including Supplier Diversity, SER, Compliance) and quarterly interlocks with business partners and software suppliers
- works directly with suppliers to resolve issues and research agreements terms including payment details
Essential and desirable requirement
- Master's degree and 6+ years relevant experience in industry/procurement role
- Complex contract management and negotiation skills
- Price/cost Analysis, Market research and trend analysis skills
- Skilled at influencing others (at different levels of management)
- Strategic planning skills
- Strong analytical thinking, advanced excel, problem solving skills and ability to analyze complex sourcing decisions
- Relevant professional certification (IACCM, PMP, CPSM)
- Program/project management skills and the ability to gain respect of cross functional organization
- Experience in working with global teams
- Knowledge of industry standard Procurement Systems, Tools and Processes (Ariba, MS Office)