Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Pricing Advisor on our OptiPlex pricing team in Bratislava, Slovakia.
It’s hard to put a price on driving human progress, but when you’re operating in a competitive business environment, you need innovative pricing strategies. Our Pricing team is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating these strategies. We conduct research and competitive pricing analysis and monitor the ongoing business environment to ensure Dell maintains a competitive market position.
• Develops pricing for customers and handles questions or issues individually. Implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics, and works with OptiPlex LOB leader.
• Ensures actions are aligned with Smart price set up and other LOBs. With LOB leader works on the proposal for price position changes across platforms and markets, to ensure competitive and financially viable price position.
• Load accurately and timely new prices into pricing systems/tools. Works cross-functionally to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
• Monitors and reports regional and/or global competitive and/or cost trends. Focuses list pricing activities and influences discounting and promotional practices with the intent of maximizing overall operating income.
• Consistently analyzes problems by using a logical systematic process to assist in decision-making. Works with senior members of the team on the more complex pricing actions.
• Ensures proper cost uploads to sales tools are delivered. Supports the list pricing at launch of new models or products. Develops and maintains competitive pricing databases designed to monitor changes in the marketplace and their impact on the corporation.
• Possesses a strong command of the business, including financial, product and system knowledge in order to holistically understand and adapt pricing for customers.
• Undergraduate degree / 3+ years relevant experience in IT business, preferably with pricing analysis
• Business analysis skills • Product/Customer/Market knowledge
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Negotiation/Presentation/Communication skills
• Technical-Dealing with ambiguity
• Adapting to changing business needs
• Strategic and Organizational ability
• Ability to work independently with virtual teams
• Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.