Pricing long term Internship (University Student)
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within Marketing at Dell, we are looking for a Pricing Assistant to join our team in Bratislava.
Join us to become a part of a global pricing team focused on defining pricing strategies for the Infrastructure Solutions group. The team is managing prices and discount guidance for Servers, Storage & Networking products for EMEA and North America.
The teams’ responsibility is to help gain the company targets for Revenue, Margin, Units and Market Share through optimizing price and discount guidance. This includes long-term strategies for new products or existing Lines of Business as well as short term interventions in case of ad hoc changes in currency, cost, supply or competitive situation.
Our vision is to “price to value” – define the price strategy based on understanding the benefits of Dell EMC products and create an equilibrium between the customer needs and company profit.
The candidate would be part of different pricing processes:
• Gather inputs for price decisions and help to build the overall business acumen. Point out important moves on competitors’ side in price moves / product launches using established data sources from external agencies as well as ad hoc research
• Consolidate inputs for price decisions on a quarterly / monthly / ad hoc bases to prepare material for pricing decisions
• Monitor the internal business performance and Target Attainment on weekly / monthly / quarterly basis
• Constant monitoring of competitive landscape, currency and cost changes is essential in the team as well as broad knowledge of Dell EMC product portfolio, partner structure and sales compensation principle.
• Effective implementation of new price strategy / Discount guidance changes – define processes to test the new prices/discounts are implemented correctly in pricing and sales tools
• Effective Measurement of price / Discount guidance changes – define and sustain regular processes to test the price moves effectivity and test the price elasticity
• The student has a large opportunity to develop career within pricing team and continue in a long-term full-time job after the graduate studies
Salary: 4.50 EUR gross/hourly
Essential and desirable requirement
• Daily university student in Financial, economic or econometric or similar studies (2nd - 4th year)
• Detailed oriented person with analytical skills and advanced Excel knowledge
• English language
• Interest in statistics, big data and/or data science
• High level of energy and enthusiasm to learn about pricing processes