Sales Compensation (Incentive) Specialist for EMEA
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
- Manage end to end sales commissions process for countries/functions under your scope respecting deadlines as per SCP calendar and payroll calendar. Be subject matter expert in commissions area, maintain commissions Data in the tool, including target, draws load, perform regular sanity checks to ensure accuracy, keep track of all back up documentation as per RKG policy.
- Validate and load manual adjustments to commissions tool, ensure compliances, research and resolve errors, accurately calculate achievements and commission payout per individuals respecting SCP and payroll deadlines. Complete pay review & resolve issues before commissions submission to payroll
- Business partnering with Senior management, Finance, Sales, Sales Ops, HR ; payroll, provide them with accurate and timely information & follow up on the issues, interact with Sales and Finance population and resolve autonomously the majority of questions and potential conflicts regarding SCP; escalate to own management and Business Management as necessary
- Perform analysis on sales commissions to support management understanding and decision making, as part of the commission Team support team work and backfill each other when needed, train junior team members
- Ensure process compliance to the commissions rules, support exception review process, actively participate or lead Global commissions related projects and process improvement activities
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Requirements for the employee
University education (Master's degree)
English - Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
- Prefer Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills, good organization and Time management skills, comfort around higher management, integrity and trust
- Analytical and detail oriented profile, focus on process improvement, extensive excel skills
- Comfort with changing environment and able to work under the pressure and within tight deadlines
- Be able to handle variety of complex tasks, working with partial/conflicting data and providing less obvious solutions,
- Fluent written and spoken English