Material Planning Senior Advisor
Job description, responsibilities and duties
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Material Planning Organization at Dell, we are looking for a Material Planning Senior Advisor to join our team in Bratislava.
This role is part of the material planning team and will be responsible for developing the unit supply forecast for a specific Business Unit/segment across the Dell system product portfolio. Collaboration with your counterparts in Global Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance is critical to the success of this role.
Using a combination of demand/supply planning experience, product knowledge plus excellent data manipulation and analytical skills, the general theme of this role is to plan the supply of specific products at their lowest level of configuration for a specific Sales Segment and deliver this within a strict planning calendar. Primary responsibilities include ownership of the forecast process, collaboration to build a consensus forecast and engagement with the BU at exec level to execute to the agreed plan. Key results include improved forecast accuracy and product life cycle planning, balancing cost/inventory/lead-times, to ensure Dell delivers an excellent customer experience.
• The candidate will be responsible for sales segment supply planning, product/platform forecasting and ownership of the bottoms up planning process.
• Ownership of the supply request for a specific business segment in EMEA, to support agreed demand plan.
• Drive a collaborative planning approach, using S&OP methodology, by partnering with Global Operations, Sales, Marketing and Finance.
• Drive initiatives through our planning processes that support our core objectives that improve our end to end S&OP processes.
• Drive improvements in our key performance indicators through process and operational excellence.
• Exercise influence driving Sales Organizations to Plan What They Sell & Sell What They Plan, to maximize business cash flow performance.
• Provide interface between Regional and Global Planning Teams supporting global product strategy execution.
• Take ownership to hold Sales Teams accountable for excess inventory and minimize material exposure while in parallel avoiding shortages and stock outs.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Personality requirements and skills
• Degree and/or MBA in any discipline (Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field).
• The applicant must have excellent business and finance acumen earned through 6 years experience in marketing, operations and/or financial management, as well as excellent forecasting, data modeling and communication skills.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of planning, data analysis and recommendation setting.
• The person should have solid analytical skills to resolve ad-hoc issues and adjust to the dynamic requirements of our customer and supplier base.
• The person must work with several information systems so a high level of proficiency is required in spreadsheet and database analysis tools, specifically MS Excel & PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Is able to work autonomously and deal with ambiguity with considerable latitude to meet and exceed the objectives of the role.
• Must be a team player who has ability to be flexible and develop in the role.