Material Planning Analyst
Job description, responsibilities and duties
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Material Planning Organization at Dell, we are looking for a Material Planning Sr. Analyst to join our team in Bratislava.
Understands product demand requirements for assigned products to ensure appropriate level of supply. Aligns forecast assumptions with segment forecasters. Translates customer and financial requirements to actionable forecasts for Operations and Procurement.
• Governs demand consumption rates and provides early warning and mitigation options to supply issues.
• Maintains Continuity of Supply (COS) for assigned products to maintain standard lead times.
• Works supply imbalances, both excesses and shortages, with the supply chain to correct as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
• Establishes demand shaping programs with segments during times of supply imbalances or when required to meet a shift in the regional marketing or financial plans.
• Manages product/peripheral transition to avoid delivery delay and E&O.
• Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
• Analyzes supply-demand relationship to determine appropriate lead-time and coordinates with product launch teams to ensure material availability for Beta and Early Customer Ship.
• Forecast and track inventory turns for department. Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope.
• Maintain metrics of activity within the area including qualification and cabinet status. Track all material for age and minimum revision.
• Oversee cycle counts and physical inventories. Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Personality requirements and skills
• Degree and/or MBA in any discipline (Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field)
• Excellent business and finance acumen earned through 8+ years experience in Marketing, Operations and/or Financial Management
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of planning, data analysis and recommendation setting
• High level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database analysis tools, specifically MS Excel & PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience with MS Excel- what if analyses, conditional formatting, powerpoint, vba basic, advance pivot tables, dynamic lookup function