Database developer - Graduates welcome (also Part-Time)! (Ref. No.: 17000IWH)
Job description, responsibilities and duties
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Information Technology at Dell, we are looking for a Database Developer to join our team in Bratislava.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Database developer will be responsible for the design, creation, development and maintenance of the company’s OLAP solutions. He works under supervision, with general guidance from experienced analysts or managers.
Key responsibilities include :
• Design the data collection, data staging, data movement, data quality and archiving strategies
• Gather data requirements to implement complex analytical calculations
• Develop, test, and implement ETL processes
• Performance tune new and existing packages
• Provide post-implementation support by performing problem analysis and resolution as needed
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Computer skills - programmer
SQL - advanced
Personality requirements and skills
• Experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
• Experience with SQL Queries, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Visual Studio
• Database design and SQL syntax knowledge
• Working knowledge of Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
• Working knowledge of data warehouse modeling utilizing Kimball Methodology
• Excellent organization, prioritization, time-management, and decision-making skills
• Excellent oral & written communication skills