Dell has been active in Slovakia since January 2003. We started as a centre of sales and customer support and transfer into a business centre supporting the whole EMEA region and the main financial hub of Dell, globally. We offer a broad palette of positions in IT, finance, sales, marketing, data science, technical support and business process support.
We are very honored and humbled to receive 3rd place in an annual 'best employer' survey conducted by Profesia amongst Shared Service Centers in Slovakia for the year 2018. Join our team and be part of life at Dell.
Are you a part or fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA) with sound experience in the financial services sector? Finance is more than just a support function at Dell – so if you are passionate about what you do, we can offer you exciting possibilities to develop your career as an Accounting Advisor for Statutory Accounting team in Bratislava.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
• Preparation and review US GAAP accounts
• Operational reviews with Finance and Sales leaders
• Complete and control the period end close processes, which include creation of journal vouchers for accruals, payroll, month end adjustments, intercompany transactions etc.
• Monitor and analyse P&L and Balance sheet transactions and ensure their correctness; deal with eventual discrepancies; review and confirm the overall correctness of P&L and BS statements
• Preparation and lead quarterly commissionaire review; cooperate with Tax team on detailed analysis
• Preparation General Ledger Account Reconciliations , review and follow up
• Preparation and provide clear and understandable flux commentaries on Balance Sheet movements
• Preparation IC reconciliations and review IC transactions including balance settlements
• External and Internal audit support
• Actively support new system implementation; process standardization and various projects for improvements
• Risk management and mitigation for entities in ownership, highlighting issues with proposed solutions and mitigation process
• Responsibility for Accounting MRL submission for relevant BU’s.
• Develop and maintain an effective, efficient and sustainable internal control environment
• Work closely with region/country finance, sales and management functions for a coordinated approach
Essential and desirable requirement
• 3+ years of Accounting and Finance experience. Prior experience of an Accounting Shared Services and of in-country accounting support is an advantage.
• Drive for results, with focus on timely and complete delivery.
• Command skills & financial acumen to work in a growing business
• Local statutory and regulatory compliance – preparation of statutory financial statements; tax returns; identification and reporting of adjustments (LPYA/LGA) required; Preparation statutory review in order to align the management and statutory reporting
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Very good knowledge of MS Excel.
• Fluent in English
• Norwegian & Finnish are plus, but not mandatory
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy