Country Accounting Lead for UK entities
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Are you a part or fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA) with sound experience in the financial services sector? Finance is more than just a support function at Dell – so if you are passionate about what you do, we can offer you exciting possibilities to develop your career as an Accounting Advisor for Statutory Accounting team in Bratislava.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
• Preparation and review US GAAP accounts
• Operational reviews with Finance and Sales leaders
• Complete and control the period end close processes, which include creation of journal vouchers for accruals, payroll, month end adjustments, intercompany transactions etc.
• Monitor and analyse P&L and Balance sheet transactions and ensure their correctness; deal with eventual discrepancies; review and confirm the overall correctness of P&L and BS statements
• Preparation and lead quarterly commissionaire review; cooperate with Tax team on detailed analysis
• Preparation General Ledger Account Reconciliations , review and follow up
• Preparation and provide clear and understandable flux commentaries on Balance Sheet movements
• Preparation IC reconciliations and review IC transactions including balance settlements
• External and Internal audit support
• Actively support new system implementation; process standardization and various projects for improvements
• Risk management and mitigation for entities in ownership, highlighting issues with proposed solutions and mitigation process
• Responsibility for Accounting MRL submission for relevant BU’s.
• Develop and maintain an effective, efficient and sustainable internal control environment
• Work closely with region/country finance, sales and management functions for a coordinated approach
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Requirements for the employee
University education (Master's degree)
English - Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
• 5+ years of Accounting and Finance experience. Prior experience of an Accounting Shared Services and of in-country accounting support is an advantage.
• Qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent
• Drive for results, with focus on timely and complete delivery.
• Command skills & financial acumen to work in a growing business
• Local statutory and regulatory compliance – preparation of statutory financial statements; tax returns; identification and reporting of adjustments (LPYA/LGA) required; Preparation statutory review in order to align the management and statutory reporting
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Very good knowledge of MS Excel.
• Fluent in English
• Norwegian & Finnish are plus, but not mandatory