Accounting Development Program - for graduates in 2019
Dell has been active in Slovakia since January 2003. We started as a centre of sales and customer support and transfer into a business centre supporting the whole EMEA region and the main financial hub of Dell, globally. We offer a broad palette of positions in IT, finance, sales, marketing, data science, technical support and business process support.
We are very honored and humbled to receive 3rd place in an annual 'best employer' survey conducted by Profesia amongst Shared Service Centers in Slovakia for the year 2018. Join our team and be part of life at Dell.
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Accounting at Dell, we are looking for talents to join Accounting Development Program in Bratislava.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
Become part of the Global Accounting Development Program and you can gain:
- three one-year rotations through major accounting areas
- enhanced leadership/ finance/ business trainings with peers around the Globe
- global exposure and international assignment opportunity
- supported ACCA or CIMA certification
• Preparation and review US GAAP accounts
• Complete and control the period end close processes, which include creation of journal vouchers for accruals, payroll, month end adjustments, intercompany transactions etc.
• Monitor and analyze P&L and Balance sheet transactions and ensure their correctness; deal with eventual discrepancies; review and confirm the overall correctness of P&L and BS statements
• Preparation and lead quarterly commissionaire review; cooperate with Tax team on detailed analysis
• Preparation General Ledger Account Reconciliations , review and follow up
• Preparation and provide clear and understandable flux commentaries on Balance Sheet movements
• Preparation IC reconciliations and review IC transactions including balance settlements
• External and Internal audit support
• Actively support new system implementation; process standardization and improvements
Essential and desirable requirement
• finishing Master’s studies in Accounting or Finance (graduating in 2019)
• Fluent in English, any other language is advantage
• Drive for results, with focus on timely and complete delivery.
• Command skills & financial acumen to work in a growing business model.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Very good knowledge of MS Excel.
• Controllership - the ability to evaluate inherent and residual risks, ensure financial statement accuracy, and safeguard assets
• Finance Acumen - understands the interrelationship of different financial metrics and what they mean in a business context, which shows deep and broad finance technical skills
• Business Partnership - drives results with business leaders by being a trusted advisor, who uses financial lenses to provide business insight & perspective to develop strategy by challenging the status quo and embracing the company’s purpose and value.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.