Today Cpl Jobs employs more than 800 people across Europe, delivering key services through a network of 36 offices in 12 countries and 3 independent Digital Sourcing HUBs. We continue to grow and develop the company in Ireland and Europe and have built up a strong portfolio of long-term clients and advocates.
Information about the position
- The Network Engineer acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our global network footprint; builds positive cross-functional team dynamics and relationships with customer and other units; maintaining healthy and productive communities within the wider organization.
- She/he supports the existing engineering team in their daily work and takes over the responsibility in service design and transition to deliver a constantly improving, cost efficient and highly available service.
- Provides expert technical assistance for issues that cannot be resolved within operations and reviews product and integration architecture
- Provides expert advice directly to customers
- Interact with the outsourcing partner(s) to insure that they develop, validate and support the solutions required by Swiss Re and meet Swiss Re security and networking standards )
- Looks for different and better ways of doing things and actively bringing them up with improvement proposals
- Optimize the existing environment by evaluating and developing new technologies/products/concepts and lead PoCs and lab testing; manage roadmaps and product portfolios
Information about the selection process
- Passion for engineering
- Learn something new every day
- Taking end-to-end ownership and responsibility
- Collaborative, team focus and great communication skills
- Working independently and self-managed in a global team
- Pro-active, forward-looking, mindset; "doer" mentality and is easy to interact with.
- Enjoys to understand new technologies and shaping new products for our customers
- Process-oriented mindset (engineering process)
- Ability to work in a variety of customer settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Advocate and evangelize for best practices like automated testing, continuous integration (CI), automation, documentation etc
- Comfortable to speak and present at meetings and write blogs
- Familiarity with Agile and/or Lean approaches is a clear plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills relating to networking and security implementations
- Troubleshoot and resolve network performance related issues especially with regard to application migration to the various clouds
- Ability to carry out detailed network and security analyses (troubleshooting, developing optimization proposals etc)
- Methodical and systematic approach towards gathering requirements, designing solutions, documentation, and communication; ability to assess the marketplace (understand what is out there); ability to translate requirements into solutions
- Ability to design high availability networking concepts and techniques i.e. Load Balancing, Clustering, Failover, diverse connectivity scenarios
- Knowledge, deep understanding and experience of Riverbed's WAN Optimization technologies including HTTPs and SMBv3 optimization.
- Experience with Riverbed Steel Central Solution including Shark, Profiler, Gateway and Transaction Analyzer
- Familiarity with NPM (network performance management) and APM (application performance management) disciplines
- Understanding of SD-WAN technology
- Deep understanding of BGP routing
- LAN/WAN/SD-WAN technologies
- WAN routing technologies i.e. MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Overlay VPNs
- Network security e.g Cisco firewalls or others, Cisco ISE, Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Algosec
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco routing/switching and Firewalls software including Cisco IOS, ASA OS, and NX-OS
- VPN knowledge (site to site, overlay networking) with emphasis on Cloud connectivity
- Experience working with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools e.g Solarwinds, Wireshark
- Scripting/Programming know-how such as PowerShell, Perl/Python, Bash/Shell
- Proven experience in Windows and or Linux operating systems
- Automation tooling knowledge a plus
- Any German dialect (desirable)
Brutto base salary will depend on the working experience, professional qualifications, and skills of the candidate. The advertised amount is minimum salary which can be offered for this role and does not include bonuses, benefits or variable part of the salary.
Not a good fit for this position? Refer us a friend we successfully place and receive 180/300 EUR shopping voucher! For more information contact me at [email protected]
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development opportunities
- Extra vacation days
- Fully paid sick leave
Candidate's agreement about the protection of personal data:
By responding to this job offer, I hereby grant CPL Jobs s.r.o., domiciled at Vysoká street no. 14, 811 06 Bratislava in the Slovak Republic, Identification Number: 35881895, a company registered in the Commercial Register of District Court Bratislava I, Section Sro, Insert No. 31323/B (hereinafter "CPL" ) my consent to the processing of all of my personal data provided to CPL for the purpose of realization of the recruitment process for the job position I am applying for, or any other relevant job position in the future. I also hereby agree to the processing of data associated with my physical identity, if the data I provided include my photograph. In addition to the aforementioned, I hereby declare that all information provided is accurate, correct and up to date and agree to its provision and disclosure to third parties, primarily, to other branches of the CPL group and to clients of CPL, within the scope of the purpose for which the data was acquired, which is the realization of the recruitment process for a job position. This consent is granted until the delivery of my self-signed written appeal of this consent to CPL.
Company on whose behalf the position is being filled