Senior Logistics Specialist - Ocean Operations
Job ID: 1557182 | Amazon Czech Republic Srvcs
Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our Sellers and Vendors. World-class retail brands and individual Sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform.
Over 2 million sellers offer new, used, and collectible selections to Amazon customers around the world. To meet our sellers’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
Amazon is looking for experienced Logistics Specialist/Coordinator for this Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) new team.
AGL is dedicated to building, managing and operating a global logistics network that enables selection from anywhere in the world and delivers customer orders to anywhere in the world, cost effectively. As part of this strategy, we have established a locally based Amazon Global Logistics team in EU that is responsible for the performance of our carriers, related to international transportation of inbound shipments for Sellers.
This local team has the responsibility to work in close collaboration with the AGL and Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) teams worldwide developing capabilities, products and carrier strategies that continue to improve our product offerings for Sellers and expansion of new services. The local team will also be working very closely with the local Transportation and Operations team to leverage existing agreements, assets and capabilities to continue strengthening our product offering to our sellers and extend our reach to our customers across the world. The EU team will also have access to AGL teams globally, based in India, US, Japan, Singapore, Australia, Brazil and China, ensuring that we continue to link our Origin capabilities with Destination needs to reduce transportation and shipping costs and improve our on time and in full performance metric and or delivery promise.
A Logistics Specialist facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders (Logistics Service Providers (LSP)/Sellers/Customs/Product Managers/Supply Chain) and resolves any potential issues that impact Seller Experience and delivery performance. A Logistics Specialist provides timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching & querying internal tools, by taking real-time decisions and having an effective communication with the stakeholders (over phone or email). The role will require the candidate to work and communicate internally with multiple teams in different countries like Operations, Supply Chain, ATS (Amazon Transportation Services) and externally with Logistic Service Providers and Carriers over the phone, by email and in person based on necessity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (FBA, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
· Lead initiatives to re-engineer business processes and identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon’s transportation operations.
· Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
· Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
· Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon tech teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools we use.
· Prepare and share daily/weekly/monthly metrics and performances dashboards to be shared and reviewed within the AGL Team
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.- Able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information to the relevant owners and teams according to processes and standard.
· Ensure to achieve and deliver on performance and agreed goals
· Understand performance metrics to create analysis allowing to drive business results.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Statistics, logistics, Business, Computer Science, or a related field
- 3+ years of work experience with logistics, transportation, supply chain or similar fields
- Very good English communication skills – Verbal and Written
- Knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookup)
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
- Results driven, with proven record of successful implementations
- Should be comfortable with multi-tasking in a high-energy environment.
· Master degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related field
· Experience working with transportation carriers
· Knowledge of MS Access and SQL
· Orientation in Lean and Six Sigma
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) with experience in analyzing large sets of data
· Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement
· A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting trends
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.