Business Data Analyst – Carrier Operations
Job ID: 1473731 | Amazon Czech Republic Srvcs
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Department EU COM (Carrier Operations Management) Overview
The Carrier Operations Management team works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, Transportation Execution, Planning and Scheduling organizations to improve Transportation performance and KPIs. They act as performance vendor managers towards our Carriers, maintain and reports up to date and accurate statistics, deep dives on data and look for improvement opportunities. The team is made of professionals in transportation, building, managing and improving processes to improve performance and reliability of the business.
Role Responsibilities include:
· Checking and analyzing carrier performance driven data
· Generating/extracting data from our BI databases to support dive deep activities
· Prioritizing, optimizing and delivering timely updates for metrics
· Developing automation solutions for reports, tools and processes
· Graphically expressing data to allow easy access to large sets of information and understanding for a broad range of people
· You are an integral part of the Carrier Operations Management projects to deliver measurable impact
· You will develop analysis (exploratory or fully formed) keeping the business impact in mind
· You will adopt/implement best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and documentation
· Deep diving technical product or operational issues to propose and implement simple and effective solutions
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. The ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences, to remain flexible and adapt, to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
· University Education: degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
· +3 years’ work experience in an operational environment with proven ability to thoroughly understand processes, identify improvement opportunities, and drive change
· Good communication skills and Advanced level in English (spoken, written)
· Working knowledge of data and analytics, business intelligence. Experience in data driven process/error analysis
· Experience in a process modeling/engineering role (i.e. process mapping, process development, product design, software development, business process improvement, wire framing, simulation, scripting)
· Ability to communicate results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
· Skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
· A Master degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
· Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
· Performance Management experience
· Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma tool set
· Project work experience
· Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
· Minitab/Jump/Tableau/SQL Workbench
· Communication skills in other languages: German, Polish
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.