Operations Manager (f/m)
Job ID: 1151747 | Amazon FC Slovakia s. r. o.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our dynamic Reverse Logistic Center in Sered, Slovakia). If you are a person who wants to join company with industry leading customer service, peculiar culture and fast-paced problem solving environment, then this position is right for you.
About the role and responsibilities:
As a leader you’ll be directly responsible for managing a team of managers and their direct reports within a very fast-paced and demanding environment on your shift. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with the business.
Another key aspect of your role will be to lead process improvement projects, with the aim of streamlining processes.
· Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change, and Change initiatives
· Manage a team of managers with responsibility of a department of 400+ employees
· Set requirements and expectations for Business Unit Managers, Logistics and Team Leaders
· Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
· Partner with Managers to establish corrective plans to ensure that objectives are met
· Leverage ideas of Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the FC
· Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
· Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
· Work closely with support staff (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures
· Manage and promote the maintenance of the working environment including driving health & safety standards and the security procedures across your operational area
· Maintains a complete management overview and thorough understanding of inventory in a multi-product automated environment while improving quality and eliminating errors
· Implements change and develops new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
· Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes
· Language skills: Excellent written and spoken English and Slovak/Czech
· You hold a degree (Bachelor or Master)
· You have previous experience in leading large, diverse teams
· You demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities
· You’re competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, fast-paced logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
· You possess the ability to manage details, establish and carry out root cause analysis, and then extract and analyse the data you generate
· You’re willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done. You are willing to work weekends as well as nights.
· Degree qualified in Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing/ Engineering related discipline or MBA graduate.
· Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 4.200 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.