L2 Technical Support Engineer (HW/SW PC diagnostics)
who are we looking for
- Experience with consumer PC models and tablets
- Solid knowledge about networking technologies both wired and wireless. Certification would be an advantage.
- Experience with online support and Social Media is a particular advantage
- Software problem determination skills.
- Experience with Lenovo software tools, PC tablet, Linux, Android OS, HW and SW testing experience is an advantage
- Project Management skills is an advantage
- Fluent English required, other languages are an advantage
- Logical and methodical approach in addressing issues.
- Strong customer facing skills both by phone, e-mail and face to face
- Hard worker, passionate about technical topics, goal oriented
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
University education (Master's degree)
what will you do
The L2 technical support role is responsible for managing, tracking, and resolving customer complex software and hardware related technical issues. The role requires resolving these issues directly or with Product Engineering team’s engagement.
The successful candidate will have extensive technical skills as well as the ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve customer issues and explain complex technical information to a non-technical audience. Candidates must have the ability to establish and maintain effective communication and relationships with Level One teams (e.g. Call Centers, Depots, Social Media), Product Engineering and Lenovo Sales community, including sales executives and teams in other countries.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide advanced (Level 2) Technical support for Lenovo customers.
- Work directly with appropriate Lenovo/Vendor teams and Customers to identify and replicate technical issues.
- Provide technical Subject Matter Expert consultation to Lenovo customers as well as to Lenovo Services community.
- Ensure professional and timely communication with Lenovo customers to secure their issue is being understood, worked out and fixed.
- Drive Customer Satisfaction to ensure Lenovo customers continue to perceive Lenovo as a prime supplier of Technical solutions and therefore continue to purchase Lenovo products.
- Leverage the wider Lenovo technical community and resources to ensure that all efforts are made to deliver fix solutions that are workable and sustainable.
- Actively cooperate with eSupport teams and Social Media on early identification of issue
- Run initiative to establish and maintain support channel for technical issues raised via Social Media and eSupport with proactive approach
What Lenovo can offer you:
• 3 sick days per year
• Additional vacation days
• 100% sick leave compensation up to 2 months per year
• A broad selection of soft / hard skills trainings and individual mentoring
• Employer contribution to the Third Pillar Pension System
Lenovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
what we offer
Lenovo is a company in a constant state of creation. Here, you'll architect your own career, pioneer new ideas and master new skills.
Lenovo Slovakia employs more than 25 nationalities and is the biggest shared service center in Lenovo Group.
Our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working together as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build unique company.