Thank you for understanding.
Display similar jobs
Hyde and Associates has an opening for a telecommunications engineer in its Tallinn office to assist the firm in dealing with technical issues in radiocommunications that come up in the course of its legal advisory work, as well as assist with administrative filings around the world. The position is an ideal entry-level position for a motivated and independent-minded engineer with a pedagogical mindset. The position is an office position and is not suitable for engineers looking for physical, operational work on actual systems.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advise both staff at the firm and clients on radiocommunications technical issues to helpthem improve their administrative and legal work
- Design and implementation of documents, work standards and systems to increase thefirm’s performance
- Assist in daily operations on all technical matters
- Analyze industry trends in order to help identify the impact of technical issues governing telecommunications systems, and the best manner of dealing with such questions
- University Degree in IT Systems Development, Radio and CommunicationEngineering or similarly enabling degree
- Good general technical knowledge on radiocommunication. Our work involves licensing and other regulatory issues on satellite transmission such as VSATs, BGANs and satphones, as well as other types of systems such as micro-wave, VHF-UHF systems and others. Working knowledge of each such system is not necessary, but knowledge of some of those systems and good familiarity with basic principles of radiocommunications will be useful.
- Fluent in English (written, read and spoken)
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical staff
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Independent and adaptable
ABOUT HYDE & ASSOCIATES
The law firm of Hyde & Associates specializes in telecommunications. Its members bring together highly trained formal skills and years of direct field experience in telecommunications law and practice, from Argentina to the Congo to Papua New Guinea and beyond. Hyde & Associates is recognized as a leader among law firms for in-country missions, providing advice and results in emerging markets worldwide.
The firm, working from its offices in Tallinn, Estonia and in Paris, France, is currently advising on matters in more than one hundred countries on all continents.
Hyde & Associates represents a plurality of service providers doing business globally, as well as other large corporate groups, United Nations agencies, NGOs and Government clients.
Hyde & Associates • Pikk 11-6, 10123 Tallinn, Estonia • Tel: +372 6 14 01 90 • Fax: +372 6 14 01 91