SalarySalary starting at: Mid-level minimum 1800 EUR. Senior minimum 2600 EUR. Salaries vary based on relevant experience & skillss, 13th salary bonus based on individual & company performance.
About your roleLike being around other entrepreneurial geeks? Is it important to you to create products that have meaning and value? Want to play a pivotal role in the growth of one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies? Then we want to hear from you.
For nearly 15 years, we’ve partnered with the biggest tech brands to get their ideas to market faster. We work with the latest enterprise technology and tools, prize collaboration in all that we do, and push the boundaries with every new project. Now, we’re the engineering horsepower behind a fast-growing healthtech company that helps millions of customers access affordable health insurance. The company has quickly become an industry leader, but its potential for positive impact is only beginning.
Our technology has and always will play a key role in our growth, and we are constantly modernizing our technological stack in a very thoughtful, business-driven way. Our engineers gain valuable exposure to the most advanced enterprise technologies, tools and processes, while working with emerging technologies like Spring boot for BE, React and Typescript for FE, Kotlin and Gauge for QA Automation, Docker for deployment, Terraform and AWS for scalable infrastructure. We’re committed to growing a team of well-rounded engineers, operating software in a production environment and building production-worthy software that delivers results and reliability to the entire organization. That’s where you come in.
As our data engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of data transformation tasks used in transforming data into a format that can be easily analyzed. We are seeking for skilled SSIS/ETL engineers with Python programming skills, candidates who have experience in data analysis, collection, and optimization for the purpose of informing business decisions. You will work with other team members in owning data pipelines including execution, documentation, maintenance, and metadata management. You will also support the development of the data infrastructure necessary for full scale data science, predictive analytics and machine learning.
● Design, develop and deploy Microsoft SSIS ETL jobs
● Monitor, execute and report on all ETL jobs while working with appropriate teams to take corrective action quickly, in case of issues
● Perform unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
● Adapt ETL code to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements
● Create and maintain documentation of the ETL technical detail design, operational support and maintenance procedures
● Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture and reporting standards throughout entire ETL process
● Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for data transmission, storage, and data access
● Collaborate with the rest of the BI Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver new ETL processes and/or reports
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
● 2+ years of relevant experience
● Demonstrated ability with SSIS ETL tools
● Working experience with Python Development
● Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling
● Hands-on experience with troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries using tools such as SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
● Proven experience extracting data from structured data sources (SQL, Excel, CSV files) and unstructured data sources (Couchbase, Splunk, log files) both on-premise and in the cloud
● Advanced ability in MS SQL 2016 and above, experience in MySQL preferred but not required
● Experience consuming data from web services, SOAP and REST technologies, HTML, XML and JSON
● Knowledge of encryption technologies and secure file transmission products such as Posh-SSH, SSL, Open-SSL, GPG, PGP, Kleopatra, SFTP
● Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git, including branching and merging flows
● Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy
● Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and learn new skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (B2+), with the ability to articulate complex processes to individuals of varying technical abilities
● Ability to work with the rest of the BI Team to cross-train and provide support for other BI tasks like SSRS and/or Power BI Development, Cube Maintenance, Data Analytics and Requirements Gathering
● Familiarity with one or more of the following frameworks: Airflow, Flask, pandas, numpy, scikit
● Experience with Apache (airbnb) Airflow
● Familiarity with docker and docker-compose
If you want more
And you are ready to play an important role in an upwardly mobile, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills.
than “just a job”.