Linux Project Engineer (Ref. No.: JO-1609-1821)
Information about the position
- Place of work: Bratislava
- Contract type: full-time
Linux/UNIX Project Engineer
Project Engineer focuses DC migration project and change management of Applications Solutions, many of them within a high availability environment. The main goal is to successfully migrate customer's systems to new generation DC and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. Moreover this person has the responsibility for the optimization of the support process, proactive support, creation and maintaining of related documentation. According to our service level agreements we commit to our customers short response times and to fix problems within a given timeframe.
- At least 4 years practical experience in managing IT Infrastructure based on UNIX/Linux serves
- Excellent understanding and at least 2 years’ experience in managing high availability environments, and associated technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of disaster recovery methodologies and best practices.
- Very good understanding in SAN Technology and hands on experience with storage equipment from major vendors (HP, EMC, IBM, NetApp).
- Experience with Implementation, managing and troubleshooting Brocade/Cisco equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced storage technologies (LVM, VxVM, Multipathing).
- Experience with tiered storage and ability to quantify storage requirements for particular application.
- Good knowledge understanding of data replication and backup technologies.
- Excellent Analytical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills must be able to demonstrate.
- Service oriented behavior and communication to internal and external contacts.
- Good communication skills (Communication to customers verbal and written is mandatory).
- Act as a key technical resource for all support and proactive service, to the Account Team, Customer, and Management.
- Language: fluent in English.
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Brief description of the company
Soitron is a Slovak company operating in the area of the IT infrastructure management and IT outsourcing. Company is one of the largest info-communication integrators and IT service providers with more than 500 employees and consolidated annual turnover of more than 65 million EUR. We offer a unique experience in IT field and possibility to grow professionally in an international environment.
Main focus of the company's activities
Information technology, computer programming, web portals