Place of work: Lamačská cesta 3/A, 841 04 Bratislava 4
Start date: by agreement or ASAP
Contract type: full-time
Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, successfully operating in the industry, energy and healthcare sectors.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
What we are looking for
How about having your footprint in software controlling the cooling of Large Hadron Collider in CERN? Or better Porsche production plant? Check out also our channel video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAFFfiUZQ0Y at to learn more about what we do to build our future.
We are looking for senior software engineer / software team lead for a new software development team in the area of industry automation.
We participate on development of brand new industry automation platform, using agile methods of software development (SCRUM). The primary responsibility of a team lead (TL) is – besides active SW development - to lead to development team to reach defined milestones on time and with emphasis on high software quality. The TL is the foremost lead authority.
*Detailed planning and controlling of tasks, schedule, and change management as well as coordination with concerned stakeholders.
*Support effort estimation and planning for defined subproject.
*Responsible for creation and alignment of user stories and epics
*Responsible for creation and alignment of detail design and development specifications.
*Controlling technical realization of work packages.
*Ensuring productivity concerning to currently valid guidelines and regulations.
*Technological lead for developers in his/her subproject
*Reporting and communication of subproject results.
The job will require some traveling to Austria and/or Germany.
Required education, skills and personality requirements
Required education Secondary with school-leaving examination
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
Educational Specialization Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
English - Upper intermediate (B2) or
German - Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience 3
Personality requirements and skills * Experience with C++ programming
* Experience with design, implementation, integration and test of client - server applications
* Strong quality and result orientation
* Experience with design patterns
* Exposure to Object oriented design techniques and modeling using UML
* Ability to work well within a team environment and interact well with other teams
* Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Experience of scrum methodologies
* Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings,…)
* Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centers, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
* Socializing programs (teambuildings)
* Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kindergardens, summer camps)
* Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
* Extra days-off (bridge days, sick days)
* Referral employee program (bonus for new hire)