You want free space for good ideas?
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries.
Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For our Bratislava Business Center, AE
, we are now seeking you (m/f) as:
Financial Analyst - Corporate Accounting
- Your responsibilities
- We are hiring a Financial Analyst in our Country Finance Services Team based in Bratislava!
The Financial Analyst reports directly to the Manager Corporate General Accounting and works closely with the Corporate Functions and accounting staff across Johnson Controls.
Your primary responsibility as Financial Analyst are all aspects of general accounting and being the key support role for the General Ledger and any sub-ledger/system functions. This position involves analytical review of corporate department expenses, preparation of corporate financial statements and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts. This position also provides support for the annual corporate budgeting process and works independently with minimal supervision.
Your primary duties:
* Prepares, Reviews and validates corporate financial statement on a monthly basis & reviews and validates monthly, quarterly and yearly close
* Performs the intercompany cross charge and allocation process, including responding to divisional accounting staff inquiries and working with divisional accounting staff to resolve intercompany imbalances.
* Responsible for the monthly closing of the corporate ledgers, including preparation of monthly closing journal entries, importing of transactions from source systems, and posting of transactions.
* Reviews all long-term debt activity to ensure that there are no issues, that monthly interest accruals and retirements of debt are properly recorded and classified in the general ledger.
* Prepares general ledger reconciliations.
* Provides guidance to Corporate department managers during budgeting process and consolidates department budgets.
* Provides necessary reports and analyses to internal and external auditors during the financial audit.
REPORTING & CONSOLIDATION
* Prepares cost center variance analyses comparing actual results to budget / forecast
* Develops and distributes management reports for local management
* Prepares and distributes financial information
BUDGETING & FORECASTING
* Prepares, develops and reviews financial budgets and forecasts.
* Prepares financial budgeting assumptions for Country Finance Services.
* Develops financial forecasts and reviews profit plan and forecasts with Country Finance Services management.
* Consults in budget matters for corporate departments.
- Your qualificiations
- Qualifications of the successful candidate:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent education and experience.
* 1 - 3 years accounting experience.
* Thorough knowledge of accounting theory and its application in practice.
* Proven ability to prepare account analyses and reconcile accounts.
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and customer focused approach.
* Fluency in English.
* Familiarity with problem solving and process improvement techniques.
* Ability to manage projects and see them through to implementation.
* Ability to work well independently and work well in a team setting.
* Hyperion (Enterprise/HFM) and SAP R/3 knowledge.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Computer competency in the client-server environment using a wide range of application software.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging position with great personal freedom and professional responsibility. Joining us you will become part of a leading global multi-industrial corporation defined by its stimulating work environment and job satisfaction. In addition we offer outstanding career development opportunities which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents.
Johnson Controls is committed to equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We are looking for male and female candidates alike. We are looking forward to receiving your application.