Always loved cars?
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries.
Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For our Bratislava Business Center, AE
, we are now seeking you (m/f) as:
Financial Accountant – Corporate Finance Services
- Your responsibilities
- A newly formed Johnson Controls has begun operations following the successful completion of its merger with Tyco, marking a historic turning point for both companies. By uniting Johnson Controls, the number one provider of building efficiency solutions with Tyco, the number one provider of fire and security solutions, the new company is uniquely positioned as a leader in products, technologies and integrated solutions for the buildings and energy sectors.
We are now hiring a Financial Accountant for our Business Center in Bratislava.
Financial Accountant - Corporate Finance Services
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to be at the forefront of a new department a centre of excellence (COE) within the established international company Johnson Controls. The individual will also have the opportunity to be key in the implementation of a new system to Johnson Controls to streamline the bridge between US GAAP to local GAAP and produce consistent local GAAP financial statements. You will be supporting the regional corporate finance services (CFS) manager in completion of the statutory audits and will need to travel to the particular country where the local CFS team are based.
Objective of function: The CFS CoE Financial Accountant supports the CFS Manager. The primary responsibility of the CFS CoE Financial Accountant is to prepare the legal entities Statutory Financial Statements, coordinate the annual statutory compliance cycle and identify process and compliance improvements. Key responsibilities include:
* Assist the CFS Manager in the preparation of the legal entities statutory financial statements
* Support the preparation of the US GAAP vs. Local GAAP bridge and relevant adjustments
* Drive and support the financial statements audit cycle
* Prepare and control of account reconciliations related to Equity, Pension and other relevant non operative accounts
* Support the overall statutory accounting cycle
* Prepare ad hoc legal entity financial and statistical reports
* Drive standardization and efficiency initiatives for the statutory compliance and reporting process
- Your qualificiations
- * Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant work experience in international corporations or in the audit and accounting field.
* Computer competency and familiarity with a variety of application software; proficiency in SAP, iScala, HFM is an advantage
* Multiple language skills desirable
* Experience in European countries local accounting GAAP is a plus
We will offer you an interesting and challenging position with great personal freedom and professional responsibility. Joining us you will become part of a committed and competent company characterized by customer focused, passionate to win, unified one team, decisive environment offering challenges.
We embrace diversity, reward hard work and have a collective passion to make an impact. In an environment that is constantly evolving, we set the foundation for you to grow and create a career that is as unique as you are. Don’t just make a living. Make living better.
Johnson Controls is committed to equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We are looking for male and female candidates alike. We are looking forward to receiving your application.