Project manager - industrial automation
Job description, responsibilities and duties
The Project Manager has overall responsibility for the coordination of all aspects of project delivery; technical, commercial and contractual. He/She ensures that projects are executed according to the relevant quality standards.
Projects are international and multi party particularly important or with high level of technical/commercial risk and with Integrated Control and Safety Systems, Asset Performance or Advanced Control systems.
1. Conducts formal contract review and acceptance. Responsible, via the project team, for the identification and resolution of discrepancies between order and quotation, technical compliance and agreed schedule.
2. Is the representative for all project related subjects. Manages all project related meetings (internal and external) and communications.
3. Responsible for maintaining delivery of the project to the agreed schedule. Provides monthly progress report to customer (where applicable) and all internal progress reports and participates on monthly project reviews. Coordinates regularly with Engineering management and plan regularly the resources by means of resource management tool.
4. Maintains accurate cost control and forecast through SGV dashboard. Is responsible for the overall project budget. Plans and ensures cash flow requirements are met.
5.Identifies, quantifies and negotiates any project scope changes with the customer.
6. Ensures that the change order records are properly documented via SGV dashboard and SCS sheet. Should actively drive all projects for business development.
7. Coordinates with Technical Lead Engineer(s) on system architecture, and specifies and orders equipment. Expedites system component shipping, inspection and payment.
Coordinates with SCM on project related aspects of external supply. Assists in technical specification preparation and subsequent order negotiations and supplier payments.
8. Expedites third party delivery as per required project schedule. Ensures that the commercial terms and conditions of any third party purchasing is in line with project requirements.
9. Ensures that all company and customer quality procedures are met. Ensures all project documentation is controlled and delivered in time to the customer.
10. Coordinates formal acceptance of the project by the customer. Liaise with Field Service function on handover to commissioning services. Closes project with appropriate Close-out report and SGV database update.
11. Involved in pre-sales proposal support – preparation of engineering estimates, works with SCM on third party equipment specification and procurement, assists sales team on contract negotiations and Terms and Conditions.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
automation, engineering, IT
English - Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
At least 10 years of experience in automation control industry, IT and/or related engineering. experience in disciplines such as process, chemical, mechanical, industrial and/or electrical engineering with endusers and/or EPCs.
Preferred MBA or good business/financial background.
Appreciated PMI (or similar) Project Management Certification.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint).
Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
Understanding of Project scheduling techniques
Understanding of Contract/legal documentation
Project risk assessment skills
Basic financial concepts
Knowledge of Process automation systems
Flexibility to travel
Driving licence B
Brief description of the company
Invensys Systems Slovakia, a member of Schneider Electric group since 2014, is a global technology leader in process automation and software solutions offering safety, critical and distributed control systems, measurement & instrumentation products, visualization and simulation software solutions. The marketplace knows us from our premier brands - Avantis, Eurotherm, Foxboro, Simsci-Esscor, Triconex and Wonderware.
Engineering Excellence Center has been operating in Bratislava since 2008 and employ up to 100 employees.
The center has been successfully executing engineering projects for well-known global customers in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical and power industry.
Main focus of the company's activities
Information about the selection process
We are hiring this position for our branch in the Czech Republic.
Invensys Systems (Slovakia) s.r.o.
821 04 Bratislava
Contact person: Oddelenie Ľudských Zdrojov
E-mail: send CV