Sr Oracle Database Administrator (Ref. No.: 410171)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25, 851 01 Bratislava 5
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- The International DBA team as part of Engineering team focused on high availability and performance of the supporting environments. As a Database Administrator you will be providing that high quality and availability databases across the International region.
The successful candidate will have moderate or expert level skills in relevant database technologies, understand business requirements and technical implementation of distributed services architectures, and have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with engineering teams in other geographies to define and implement broad, business-wide standards for the way databases are designed and implemented. Next, strategy will be translated into efficient and scalable implementation methodologies and tracked by meaningful metrics.
* Database & Application (SQL) performance tuning
* Monitor and maintain database security and database software
* Design, develop, implement and maintain Oracle database instances
* Backup and recovery (RMAN)
* Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
* Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/development support
* Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams
* Test, validate and implement performance and resource solutions
* On-call for production databases on a rotation basis
- Other benefits
- • Money and bonuses
Meal vouchers – fully covered by FDS
Diners club - private credit card without fees
Bratislavská mestská karta without fees
Contribution to pension plan
Health care - Private medical center
Life and Accident Insurance
25 full paid sick leave days per year
5 sick days
Bottomless drinks, coffee and tea in your office
• Work-life balance
Flexible working time
Leisure time events with your colleagues
• Your development
English language courses
Global University with thousands of e-learning courses
Long term career development
Hard & Soft skills trainings
Possibility of internal transfer to foreign branch Office
- Contract type
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Computer skills - administrator
Oracle Database administration - advanced
Microsoft SQL Server administration - basic
- Personality requirements and skills
- Basic Qualifications
BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
3+ years of Oracle DBA experience on Unix/Linux, including at least 2 years of hands-on DB administration, 1 or more years hands-on DB development projects
Fluency in Oracle DB technologies and tools, DB development
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with a track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other functions
Converting logical to physical design
Backup and recovery (RMAN and traditional)
Highly motivated to solve problems efficiently.
Fast troubleshooting and resolution skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with DBA and application teams
Experience with high-volume OLTP database systems.
Experience in a 24X7 production environment
Experience with terabyte databases.
Experience in Data Guard replication solutions.
Knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints)
Strong query and database tuning skills
- Brief description of the company
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
First Data’s International division is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With more than eight billion transactions annually and more than 70 million card accounts on file outside the U.S., First Data powers the payments value chain across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting clients around the world with offices in 34 countries.
We help businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: credit and debit card issuing and acquiring, point of sale terminals and deployment services, gift card and loyalty solutions, eCommerce, information and analytics solutions, card production and mailing, mobile solutions and more.
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information technology, computer programming, web portals