Sr. Application Architect (Ref. No.: 30039742_03162016)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25, 851 01 Bratislava 5
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
Position Description Overview
The Senior Application Architect is to drive the design, implementation and maintenance of web based interfaces and applications within the First Data Application Architecture.
- This person will be part of several projects and will technically lead a small team of developers on various projects related to enhancing and maintaining several enterprise web applications.
- The Senior Application Architect will work closely with the Business Systems Architect and the Web Application Architecture team to design solutions, ensuring standard approaches are taken and new applications fit into the existing web platform.
- He/she will also work closely with Product Development to identify and analyze functional requirements and implement software solutions to meet those needs. Duties include requirements analysis, providing sizing estimates, development of detailed design specifications, implementation and unit testing.
- In addition, this staff member is a key player in diagnosing and mediating production issues should they arise.
- Architect and design high-quality, high-performance business technology solutions that meet the requirements defined to solve a business need.
- Technical lead for small team of internal and external developers on various projects. He will manage all of the technical aspects of medium-scale projects and manage small projects from requirement phase through to deployment and production handover.
- Slice projects into work packages and distribute those to internal, external and offshore developer members.
- Track development progress.
- Plan / build / configure / develop solutions within the specified timelines.
- Develop system test plans to ensure a comprehensive approach to delivering quality technology solutions to the business. Address all reported defects within a timely fashion.
- Initiate and coordinate production handover. Ensure success of setting new versions into production. On-Call duty for supporting the production handover.
- Stay active and current in business technology trends, direction and innovation related to business process and technology areas of focus for the position.
- Take over source code from 3rd party software developers.
- Development of Java web applications
- Other benefits
- • Money and bonuses
Meal vouchers – fully covered by FDS
Diners club - private credit card without fees
Bratislavská mestská karta without fees
Contribution to pension plan
Health care - Private medical center
Life and Accident Insurance
25 full paid sick leave days per year
5 sick days
Bottomless drinks, coffee and tea in your office
• Work-life balance
Flexible working time
Leisure time events with your colleagues
• Your development
English language courses
Global University with thousands of e-learning courses
Long term career development
Hard & Soft skills trainings
Possibility of internal transfer to foreign branch office
- Contract type
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Computer skills - programmer
Java - advanced
- Personality requirements and skills
- At least 6+ years of experiences in Java development area, supporting all phases of the SDLC - BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Masters degree in Computer Science preferred.
Excellent expertise in architecture, design and development of state of the art applications and software design methodologies.
Good knowledge of emerging technologies.
Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic team environment.
Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills (English).
Demonstrated ability to work independently and multitask effectively.
Functional and technical understanding of complex transaction processes and billing mechanisms.
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information technology, computer programming, web portals
- Number of employees
- 250-499 employees