File Transfer Specialist (Ref. No.: 24165090)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.
First Data is looking for a File Transmission Specialist for the monitoring and control of transmissions. Part of the daily activities will be to solve transmission issues, maintain a proper incident documentation and work along the escalation process.
A major focus of this role will be on direct communication to clients in order help and advise with their transmission related issues. It will be expected to investigate and solve customers' problems to a degree that accomplishes the agreed upon service levels and supports our valued client relationship principles. This would require the File Transmission Specialist to setting up new connections and testing them. Along with that, the File Transmission Specialist will produce written documentation and reports for the customers.
Supporting incident management resolving issues on a 24x7 basis within a multi-national environment will be a daily routine for the candidate. Also, there is a strong involvement in project related tasks and DR activities.
For more information, please contact Lenka Ditte at +421-2-6828-5395 (between 12:00 and 20:00).
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Several years experience in file transmission systems with use of different protocols
- Profound knowledge of at least 2 of our major systems (Sterling GIS, Axway XFB.Gateay, CoCoNet Multiversa)
- Flexibility in handling different systems
- Self-paced interest in taking over responsibility for certain systems
- Strong knowledge of transmission protocols and how to manipulate those protocols
- Ability to request and setup VPN connections
- Understanding firewalls and their implications on file transfers
- Solid understanding of the mechanics and impacts of strict Service Level management
- Knowledge of client base and how to handle the process for interacting with them
- Problem solving skills/ troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills
- Excellent language skills in English
- Bias for speed
- Sterling GIS and/or Axway XFB.Gateway and/or CoCoNet Multiversa
- Protocols of transmission systems, like SFTP, EBICS, FTP, VPN etc.
- Multi-lingual would be a plus
First Data's Global Operations and Technology division closely integrates operations, technology and product development to make sure we have the right platforms in place today and into the future to meet the ever changing demands of our partners. With nearly 17,000 employees O&T makes sure we offer the security, reliability, speed, and simplicity that our customers look for in a processing provider.
O&T is a large organization touching nearly every aspect of First Data service delivery, including; product development; client project delivery; infrastructure operations; global service delivery; information services, strategic sourcing, and enterprise security, risk and compliance into a single end-to-end organization.
- Salary offered (gross)
- Contract type
- Information about the selection process
Requirements for the employee
English - advanced
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information Technology
- Number of employees
- 250-499 employees
- First Data Slovakia, s.r.o.
Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25
851 01 Bratislava 5