Base24 Administrator (Ref. No.: 23681670)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.
First Data is looking for a Base24 Administrator for the monitoring and maintenance of its Base24 environment including replication software between systems. Part of the daily activities will be the operation and maintenance of the system, solve issues, maintain a proper incident documentation and work along the escalation process. Installing new changes for Base24 environment according to formal change management rules will be part of this position too. To support the above, this role will be responsible for writing proper operational procedures for Base24 maintenance.
In a project driven organization, the Base24 Administrator will be participating in new implementation projects and solutions.
Providing on-call service support for incidents on a 24x7 basis (during on-call duty days) within a multi-national environment will be a daily routine for the candidate. Also, there is a strong involvement in project related tasks and DR activities. Additionally, this person works with business leaders and other technical staff groups and is responsible for business-critical audit and compliance issues.
- Provide appropriate monitoring to the Base24 environment
- Resolve issues and create and maintain incident records
- Create regular and ad-hoc reports for internal/external clients
- Provide daily maintenance for application environment
- Ensure a proper application user management
- Manage security relevant application needs
- Implement changes and apply patches into the application during the entire life-cycle incl. handling of change requests
- Setup of application parameters according to project/client requests
- Maintain disk storage, file system for application in cooperation with system administrators
- Execute regular backups and archiving incl. restoring of data
- Assist other processes that rely on the functionalities of Base24
- Support architecture design and project driven work
- University degree in computer science or related field
- Several years of experience in IT environment
- Experience with management of applications
- Base24 administration skills - advantage
- Knowledge of replication methodology from Base24 to other systems (e.g. GoldenGate) - advantage
- Knowledge of monitoring tools for Base24 (e.g. Prognosis) - advantage
- Analytical skills
- Ability to deliver the required objectives in defined time
- Very good organization of work
- Understanding & supporting the project management processes
- Problem solving skills/ troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills
- Excellent language skills in English
- Bias for speed
- Multi-lingual would be a plus
- Experience in transaction processing business
- Database knowledge
- Experience with C/C++
- ITIL would be a plus
First Data's Global Operations and Technology division closely integrates operations, technology and product development to make sure we have the right platforms in place today and into the future to meet the ever changing demands of our partners. With nearly 17,000 employees O&T makes sure we offer the security, reliability, speed, and simplicity that our customers look for in a processing provider.
O&T is a large organization touching nearly every aspect of First Data service delivery, including; product development; client project delivery; infrastructure operations; global service delivery; information services, strategic sourcing, and enterprise security, risk and compliance into a single end-to-end organization.
- Salary offered (gross)
- Contract type
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - advanced
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information Technology
- Number of employees