Capacity Planner (Ref. No.: 24052377)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.
Capacity Planner Level II is responsible for a business unit / Segment and is responsible to maintain points of contact and interact heavily with the systems admin areas for that segment as well as maintain interactive relationships with both product owners and applications teams.
The Capacity Planner mainly performs capacity workload reporting and availability analysis for a variety of applications and components as well as developing and executing capacity projection plans. Ensures resource requirements are met, reported on, and communicated to product owners as well as management teams.
Gathers historical performance data and assesses whether or not servers are performing according to production standards and within thresholds set by the Capacity Planning team. Produces reports that evaluate server capacity and identify areas where improvements can be made. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for capacity planning and data center operations. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A Capacity Planner will perform a variety of tasks as assigned by management. Works under a manager and Sr. team members. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Identify and be able to justify adding applications from the business unit to the highly critical list for capacity planning, as well as communicate the requirements for the application teams to be able to supply capacity driver metric data for analysis correlation Produces and maintains the specific subject matter for reporting and capacity plan development (processor, memory, space allocation, proposals for configuration changes, etc) Understanding of IT hardware, and virtual technologies for capacity planning purposes and business driver impacts. Understanding of multiple operating system platforms; i.e. AIX, Solaris, Windows, Linux etc... Determines the capacity planning metrics to be collected and the frequency of their collection Collects and analyzes capacity metrics and relates them to the business metrics Relates the capacity planning metrics to IT component performance measurements Recommends alternative capacity approaches to address the business requirements Evaluates the impact of alternative technologies or processing methodologies on capacity requirements
Ensures timely delivery of capacity-related decision-making information Develop and maintain standard reports at the system, service, workload and business level on capacity status, usage and forecasts
- Ability to collaborate with IT professionals to determine direction and timing for project related tasks.
- Must be able to work independently with guidance from Sr. team members and management
- Must be able to communicate capacity plans and directions to management teams
- Will develop, track, and report on historical data trends and project capacity requirements for various products and business units
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers as well as justification documents for capacity recommendation.
- Ability to identify process gaps and work towards adjusting or creating new processes to fill / eliminate the gaps.
- Must be a self-starter and motivationally driver for success of the team and the business.
- Technical / Business Knowledge
- Detail capacity planning and an overall knowledge of the application and IT components
- Skills in the setup and use of measurement and reporting tools
- In depth knowledge of the technical limitations that impact performance and capacity
- Understanding of the IT Life Cycle process
- 3 to 5 years previous Capacity Planning experience in Distributed S ystems
- 2yr to 4yr experience in analytics
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft office tools; Excel, Word, Powerpoint
First Data's Global Operations and Technology division closely integrates operations, technology and product development to make sure we have the right platforms in place today and into the future to meet the ever changing demands of our partners. With nearly 17,000 employees O&T makes sure we offer the security, reliability, speed, and simplicity that our customers look for in a processing provider.
O&T is a large organization touching nearly every aspect of First Data service delivery, including; product development; client project delivery; infrastructure operations; global service delivery; information services, strategic sourcing, and enterprise security, risk and compliance into a single end-to-end organization.
- Salary offered (gross)
- Contract type
- Information about the selection process
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
- Language skills:
English - advanced
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information Technology
- Number of employees
- First Data Slovakia, s.r.o.
Einsteinova 25 Show in map