Stratus systems programmer (Ref. No.: 24029430)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.
The STRATUS System Programmer covers a broad range of support for the STRATUS environment. The primary responsibility is the operation and maintenance of the system. This position will be leading the design, maintenance and other aspects of support as for example installations, implementations, and troubleshooting for complex operating system software and related applications. There will also be on-call responsibility from a system administration perspective, as this position will participate in the service delivery on-call rotation. Additionally, this person works with business leaders and other technical staff groups and is responsible for business-critical audit and compliance issues. The STRATUS System Programmer is expected to follow standard change and problem management processes.
- Ensures day-to-day operations of HP NonStop system, including an on-call duty
- Maintains the STRATUS security concept
- Evaluates the system design from a production perspective
- Monitors and fine-tunes the productive STRATUS systems
- Performance and capacity planning incl. reporting
- Plans and conducts release changes and applies patches
- Supports the installation of new applications or releases within the STRATUS environment
- Maintains the system documentation
- Supporting desaster recovery tests
- Supports projects that affect the STRATUS system
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Several years of relevant experience as a systems programmer (STRATUS)
- Comfortable with all aspects of maintenance and administration of STRATUS system, esp. system installation and configuration, planning and implementing release changes and patches
- Good knowledge of storage systems incl. backup/restores, archiving and disaster recovery of the systems
- Experienced with performance and capacity management
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (VOS script language)
- Ability to provide 24x7 on call support
- Problem solving skills, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Self-direction and service orientation with a strong focus on team work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Excellent skills in written and verbal English
- Additional language(s) (preferred German fluent)
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Experience of working for a global organization
- STRATUS VOS/OS
- EMC2 storage solutions
- MS Office
First Data's Global Operations and Technology division closely integrates operations, technology and product development to make sure we have the right platforms in place today and into the future to meet the ever changing demands of our partners. With nearly 17,000 employees O&T makes sure we offer the security, reliability, speed, and simplicity that our customers look for in a processing provider.
O&T is a large organization touching nearly every aspect of First Data service delivery, including; product development; client project delivery; infrastructure operations; global service delivery; information services, strategic sourcing, and enterprise security, risk and compliance into a single end-to-end organization.
- Salary offered (gross)
- Contract type
- Information about the selection process
Requirements for the employee
English - advanced
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information Technology
- Number of employees
- 250-499 employees