Manager Distributed Systems / UNIX (Ref. No.: 23344721)
Information about the position
- Place of work
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.
First Data is looking for a strong technical Manager with hands on experience managing high volume, financial transaction systems in a 24x7 multi-national environment. The Manager should have a history of career progression and demonstrate high energy, urgency, and have experience managing teams in transformational efforts.
This role provides direction for individuals who have responsibility in EMEA for engineering, which includes elements of midrange and distributed and storage system expertise. The team is responsible for infrastructure projects, client projects, infrastructure maintenance and 24x7 tier 2/3 support. In addition, the Manager will provide support to the Director of Engineering in driving and influencing strategies in alignment with global standards and architecture review boards. Failures and/or delays directly impact SLAs, our ability to settle funds, authorize transactions and to directly respond to customer operational support inquires.
This position will have direct reports in the EMEA region, primarily located in Bratislava, Slovakia, with some satellite locations.
- 24x7 tier 2/3 support of all platforms and services:
- Driving incident resolutions and strategies for continuous improvement; Implementation, maintenance and support of Infrastructure
- Distributed and Storage environments, infrastructure projects, new client requirements, refresh, consolidations, etc.
- Successfully respond and pass all audit, PCI, scan and penetration test results
- Help pro-actively drive significant reductions in the number of incidents and the time to restore
- Identify opportunities to make process efficiencies in production support. Help ensure individuals on the team are able to adopt and execute defined global standard operating procedures, new tools, etc. as advised form leadership
- Structure, plan and execute the budget items assigned to the team (CAPEX/OPEX)
- Provide Management Communications, regarding incidents and corrective actions
- Is the leader for assigned resources
- Coaches direct reports and subordinates within the functional units supported
- Interprets the IT strategy and aligns resources and people to meet strategy goals
- Bachelor's Degree/ Master's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 -7 years of large scale IT multi-discipline engineering experience, including progressive management roles
- 5+ years related technical and business experience and has strong knowledge of business operations, policies and practices
- Previous positions within multi-national companies and large volume financial services environment exposure
- Specific hands on experience within an infrastructure environment
- Ideally already worked in the authorization and issuing business Combines practical experience with theoretical background,
- Knowledge of FFFIEC & PCI
- Problem solving skills/ troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Ability to transfer business requirements into technical solutions, including budgeting processes
- Ability to translate the IT strategy into action
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills
- Proficiency in English
- Slovakian and German are key
- Bias for speed and action
- Strong customer Focus
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership, for self and team
- Ability to effectively communicate GIO objectives to employees and ensure alignment of all individual goals to them
- Ability to engage with others to achieve win/win solutions for First Data
- Using personal expertise and knowledge of the marketplace to manage performance and create efficiencies
- Help the leadership team to deliver on EBITDA targets through well-executed plans
- Willingness to listen to the views and concerns of others and integrate into 'best fit' solutions for all concerned
- Demonstrating by personal example the need for high personal commitment and self-motivation to delivery customer requirements
- Demonstrating an ability to work under stress/pressure to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Demonstrating personal integrity and high ethical behavior at all times to create confidence with clients, peers, partners and employees
- Direct and open demeanor with employees, peers and customers
- Develops and manages talent on the team
- ITIL certification a plus
- A general knowledge a major in one of the following areas would be required:
- Stratus Mainframe
- Understanding of Core Transaction Business
First Data's Global Operations and Technology division closely integrates operations, technology and product development to make sure we have the right platforms in place today and into the future to meet the ever changing demands of our partners. With nearly 17,000 employees O&T makes sure we offer the security, reliability, speed, and simplicity that our customers look for in a processing provider.
O&T is a large organization touching nearly every aspect of First Data service delivery, including; product development; client project delivery; infrastructure operations; global service delivery; information services, strategic sourcing, and enterprise security, risk and compliance into a single end-to-end organization.
- Salary offered (gross)
- Contract type
- Information about the selection process
Requirements for the employee
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Information technology, computer programming, web portals
- Number of employees
- 250-499 employees
- First Data Slovakia, s.r.o.
Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25
851 01 Bratislava 5