Junior Java Developer
Job description, responsibilities and duties
***Francisco Partners and Elliot Management plans to acquire Dell Software (except Boomi) as announced on June 20 2016. If you are selected for a Dell Software (except Boomi) position and the transaction closes, your future employment will be with the new company created by this transaction. Dell recruiters can provide you with additional information about any applicable changes upon request.***
If you are eager to work with new technologies to design and develop software solutions, Dell is the place to be. We are looking for a Junior Java Developer to join the Dell Software Group in Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Be part of a great local and global team, enhance your expertise in Java, work with exciting technologies and develop well-known SharePlex product line. Dell SharePlex is the market leader in enterprise replication tool for heterogeneous RDBMS & NoSQL databases.
The main job scope is to implement product changes defined in requirements and to assist in the design, coding and testing of technical solutions. Your responsibility will be:
• Web application development in Java
• Implementation of product changes
• Review of issues found in Quality Assurance and providing bug fixes
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Intermediate (B1)
Personality requirements and skills
• Bachelor degree and 2+ years of experience OR Master degree in IT/software development
• Knowledge of object oriented programming
• Knowledge of web application design
• Technical understanding of Web GUI development frameworks
• Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP, WSDL
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows environments