Finance Administration Assistant for Tax department
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Dell’s EMEA Tax team manages income tax, VAT, customs and other taxes across EMEA. The Team has been taking on new responsibilities and accordingly has expanded to enable it to do so. Currently the Team is deployed across 5 locations in Europe: Bracknell, England; Glasgow, Scotland; Limerick & Dublin, Ireland; and Bratislava. The Team is looking to recruit someone to provide proactive administrative and clerical duties for the Team to ensure smooth running of the department across EMEA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To proactively organize departmental meetings/conference calls as required, such as; Monthly/Quarterly Team/People Manager meetings, Training sessions, 1:1s, Team Building events etc. These can be both in-house and off-site.
• To co-ordinate meetings/conference calls with other departments.
• To collect, analyze, and prepare data for meetings and conferences.
• To attend meetings and conferences to furnish information, take notes, and monitor action items.
• To distribute emails/correspondence to the EMEA tax team as directed by Manager.
• Act as a resource on departmental policies and procedures.
• To update and maintain the accuracy of all records and files, as required by the team eg collection of statutory tax documents from local entities for storing on Company tax database.
• Maintain control files of matters in progress and follow-up to ensure actions are completed eg Maintenance of Intercompany agreement progress charts, Business Entity Review action items etc
• Compose and prepare routine correspondence and assist in developing presentations
• To raise purchase orders, as required. Liaise with accounts payable to ensure that purchase orders are progressed correctly and deal with queries arising from them. To maintain Fee tracker spreadsheet for the team.
• To make travel arrangements for team, in line with Company policy, to include hotel accommodation, car hire, visas etc.
• To handle and action expenses for the team.
• To maintain relevant organisation charts for EMEA Tax
• To maintain up-to-date records of departmental (sickness, holidays and movements etc)
• To monitor and action emails on behalf of the team during vacation and other periods away from the office – flagging urgent issues
• Special projects as delegated by the manager.
This position works very closely with all members of EMEA Tax Team. Close contact also with members of other departments within the company including EMEA Finance and US Tax.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Master's degree)
English - Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
• Excellent knowledge of general office procedures, business English, spelling and punctuation.
• Good Arithmetic skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work proactively
• Excellent priority setting and time management
• Action orientated
• Ability to communicate on the phone/email/face to face effectively.
• Excellent knowledge of electronic mail, word processing, powerpoint, and spreadsheet applications.
• Able to deal effectively with all departments and officials at all levels.
• Minimal travel
811 07 Bratislava