Considering we’ve done some pretty impressive work around here, that’s saying something. But we couldn’t have done it without our brilliant people, and you could be one of them. With an average of two patents a day and eight Nobel Prizes to our name, it’s no wonder that for more than a century we have been defining the industry and setting the bar for innovation. This is your chance to do the same. Explore a career with AT&T.
Manager of System Engineers
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- Manages multiple network operations teams. Ensures performance metrics are achieved, increasing productivity, reducing unit costs, managing budget and performance of team. Communicates with clients on operational issues, handles escalations, and notifies Client Services of high severity and chronic network issues. Performs complex problem solving during critical outages. Manages personnel development, coaching, and conflict for team members.
Managing a group of professionals performing the following functions: The Manager of System Engineers will provide Pre and Post-Sales Network Engineering, taking direction from the overall AT&T Point of Contact. This work will include all efforts in order to accomplish the objectives.
Position requires a good understanding of large networks, network equipment, provisioning, and equipment configurations.
Position also requires a good understanding of routing protocols, routed protocols, security, and application services.
Significant experience with Cisco Routers/Switches required especially: TCP/IP, eBGP, iBGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, DLSW, QOS, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP and Multicasting. Knowledge of Layer 2 and 1 protocols/services are also required: Switching, VLANs, Ethernet, STP, Frame-Relay, ATM, Private Line, DS1, DS3, OCx.
Experience with WAAS, VoIP, IPT and WiFi, Juniper routers/switches, F5 load balancers, Riverbed and Brocade a plus.
Excellent communication, Customer interface and project management skills required. Read and Write Access to MS Visio.
US working time
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of prior supervisory experience
- At least 10 years of telecommunications industry experience
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Team player
- Able to absorb complex information quickly
- Good understanding of networking technologies
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Computer literate
- Intermediate or above expertise with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Available to work hours that corresponds to U.S. Eastern or U.S. Central time zones
Cisco Certifications preferred: CCNA (CCNP and CCIE a plus).
Juniper Certifications (not required but a plus): JNCIA, JNCIE.
Required Education and Training
Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
5+ years experience required. Position requires the ability to mentor others as required and to communicate in English (verbal/written).
- Other benefits
- - Extended meal voucher contribution
- Compensation for income loss due to sickness
- Special occasion contribution (marriage, child birth)
- Sports and cultural benefits
- Various discount
- Group Life Insurance
Requirements for the employee
- Required education
- University education (Master's degree)
technical, electrotechnical, engineering, IT
- Language skills:
English - advanced
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Other Services