Ľutujeme, spoločnosť ponúkajúca danú pracovnú pozíciu ukončila zverejnenie ponuky na stránke z dôvodu získania dostatočného počtu kandidátov alebo obsadenia voľnej pracovnej pozície.
Ďakujeme za porozumenie.
Zobraziť podobné ponuky
Ďakujeme za porozumenie.
Zobraziť podobné ponuky
Solaris Senior Server Administrator
- Place of work: Karadzicova 8/A, Bratislava, 821 08
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract type: full-time
- Job description, responsibilities and duties
- Position is part of the internal IT organization of one of the world’s largest telecommunication companies. The new Center of Excellence is launched in accordance with the company's global strategy to balance operations between US, EMEA, APAC.
Responsible for the administration of over 30000 Unix servers based in the US, performing activities during EMEA working hours in “follow the sun” pattern with other geographies. Occasional weekend support in EMEA hours is to be expected in a pre-scheduled pattern.
The department is a subset of the global IT organization responsible for the internal engineering needs of the corporation, and interfaces mainly with other technical teams (network, storage, application).
The employer provides a possibility for long-term carrier progression, availability to a large selection of self-study materials and courses, access to online and onsite test/lab environment, exposure to a large and diverse server operation, possibility for cross-training on other UNIX based OS, and to work with and become a member of an international team of IT professionals.
Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
Ensures recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration library of all supporting documentation.
•Installation, configuration and maintenance of Unix -Solaris operating system
•Incident management, Change implementation (including patch management and upgrade management), problem management, project implementation and performance management for UNIX-Solaris and hardware.
- Other benefits
- - Extended meal voucher contribution
- Compensation for income loss due to sickness
- Special occasion contribution (marriage, child birth)
- Sports and cultural benefits
- Various discount
- Group Life Insurance
- Required education
- Secondary with school-leaving examination
Candidates with the following education also suit the position:
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
- Language skills:
English - advanced
Computer skills - user:
UNIX/Linux - expert
Computer skills - administrator:
UNIX/Linux administration - expert
- Required experience
- Experience in the position/sector:
Number of years of experience:
- Personality requirements and skills
• fluent English
• Operating System knowledge (Unix based – Solaris)
• Server & system Administration
• System Support and Trouble analysis
• Technical Documentation /Implementation tools
• Storage – Volume management, file systems
• Basic Clustering concepts
• Strong problem solving skills
• Independent worker, yet able to work as a team where necessary
• Change Management principles
• Configuration/ Back-up / Restoral processes
• Hardware installation
• Network design
• Script and query development
• Storage (SAN, Network Attached)
• Storage Support tools
• Good communication skills with all levels of management
• Good leadership skills
• High School education (or equivalent) or higher
• 3 or more years of UNIX-Solaris System Administration
• First level vendor certification desired
- Brief description of the company
- Considering we’ve done some pretty impressive work around here, that’s saying something. But we couldn’t have done it without our brilliant people, and you could be one of them. With an average of two patents a day and eight Nobel Prizes to our name, it’s no wonder that for more than a century we have been defining the industry and setting the bar for innovation. This is your chance to do the same. Explore a career with AT&T.
- Main focus of the company's activities
- Other Services
- Company address
Einsteinova 24 Zobraziť na mape
Podobné pracovné ponuky (981)