We have an exciting opportunity to work for a new automotive Company in the Nitra region. We are hiring for the position of Senior Controls Engineer.
The role of Controls Engineer within the area of Body Construction will be key to support the design of the newly developed production systems. The role will then lead daily production in regard to the line control systems. The Controls Engineer will help determine and drive controls architecture on various levels such as line controls, MES and operation monitoring systems. Alongside insurance of daily production the Controls Engineer will support engineering activities for architecture and standardisation and will be key to help determine and implement future strategies.
This role reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
• Support and drive the development of production ready equipment controls architecture for direct line control as well as data acquisition from MES, PLM and monitoring systems including code and hardware components
• Ensure PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organised, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable
• To participate and actively drive design reviews during engineering development phases to ensure maintained, safe and environmentally compliant operation of process and production
• Support and ensure reliable and maintainable principles into design and build phases for PLC code, electrical cabinet builds, field wiring and pneumatic and fluid plumbing
• Support the development and strategy for future technologies, enhanced standard definitions and continuous improvement projects for equipment and facilities
• Support build and commissioning of manufacturing facilities during new model launches
• Ensure a reliable control and safety system which makes no compromise for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors and other high volume manufacturing equipment to protect people and assets
• Manage a team of controls specialists inside Body Construction
• Responsible for equipment functionality and responsible for production KPIs such as uptime OPR and cycle time and energy consumption monitoring including efficiency projects for waste and energy reduction
• Lead technical issue resolution processes and fault recovery with proven problem solving methods
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Computer skills - user
Microsoft Excel - advanced
Microsoft PowerPoint - advanced
Microsoft Outlook - advanced
Microsoft Word - advanced
Personality requirements and skills
• Completion of college diploma or university degree in: Mechatronics / Electrical / Software Engineering ideally in an Automotive Manufacturing Technical area.
• Significant experience working with Automotive Control Systems with a background in facilities management
• Broad knowledge of designing, programming and maintaining automations, robotics, motion controls, PLC’s and HMI’s
• Excellence in programming PLCs and components with well-defined methodology for maintaining code structure and organization
• In depth knowledge of safety standards to be able to create risk assessments for industrial automation equipment
• Strong people management and leadership skills
• Pro-active strength of debugging and resolving key constraints, effective problem solving & root cause analysis
• Experience of specifying and installing new automation to realise productivity targets
• Develop strong effective working relationships with key customers, supplier companies and adjacent departments
• Proficient English and Slovakian language skills
• Possess knowledge and proven skills in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen,
In case you fulfill the above stated requirements, and are interested please send us your CV in Slovak and English language. Adecco will contact only selected candidates , given the large number of applicants . Thank you for your understanding, we look forward to our future cooperation.