We have an exciting opportunity to work for a new automotive Company in the Nitra region. We are hiring for the position of Joining Specialist.
The Joining Specialist will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and sustaining the joining deliverables inside the Body-in-White shop. He will be support with development and implementation of joining into BIW during launch in conjunction with AME as well as providing continuous production support in regard to joining technologies for optimal and sustainable joints.
The Joining specialist will orchestrate and lead a group of joining engineers, monitor and ensure production support.
This role reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
• To liaise with AME joining team to ensure delivery and manufacturability for design concept and joining methods. Assist in the development of Production Ready joining technologies
• Support to review all joint designs against design & manufacturing guidelines/standards to ensure manufacture feasibility
• Support conceptual designs of joining equipment, build and buy-off activities prior to implementation
• Support implementation and commissioning of joint matrix during launch activities under plant conditions
• Support the development and strategy for future technologies, enhanced standard definitions and continuous improvement projects for equipment and facilities
• Analyse results of the feasibility trials and to provide technical inputs to ensure data validity
• Work together with the project team, AME and support the line builder installation to deliver against all joining technologies’ buy-off procedures and standards in order to ensure delivery of joint quality
• Develop, own and audit against joint matrix and control plan for joint integrity and adherence to project deliverables outlined for joining technologies
• Attend start-up meetings and report status, issues and resolution as necessary
• Support destructive testing and result assesment and issue resolution
• Assist new suppliers in the integration of their technology into JLR Standards - enabling joining ready processes
• Support the planning, installation and final commissioning of the project
• Manage other engineers’ objectives in line with the project objectives
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Computer skills - user
Microsoft Word - advanced
Microsoft Excel - advanced
Microsoft PowerPoint - advanced
Microsoft Outlook - advanced
Personality requirements and skills
• Educated Degree or diploma in Joining Engineering or equivalent track proven intensive working experience in relevant technical field
• Significant experience working in a joining role as a engineers and/ or principle engineer/ leader experience in an automotive joining area with facilities management
• Background with joining technologies including, but not limited to , self-piercing riveting, resistance spot welding, FDS, adhesive, laser welding etc.
• Experience deploying complex first generation equipment into a production environment
• Broad understanding of designing, programming and maintaining joining equipment mechanically, electrically and in regard to control systems
• Experience of resolving key constraints and able to demonstrate OPR improvements
• Experience of specifying and installing new automation to realise productivity targets
• Ability to create and maintain strong relationships
• Self-Confident and able to demonstrate confident negotiation and communication skills
• Strength in problem solving & root cause analysis using adequate toolsets
• Knowledge of material characteristics and behaviours for , but not limited to, aluminium, steel, mastics ….
• Proficient English and Slovakian language skills
In case you fulfill the above stated requirements, and are interested please send us your CV in Slovak and English language. Adecco will contact only selected candidates , given the large number of applicants . Thank you for your understanding, we look forward to our future cooperation.