Dimensional Control Engineer (Quality, Measurement,Metrology) - Automotive
Information about the position
Place of work
Nitra region, Nitra
Job description, responsibilities and duties
We have an exciting opportunity to work for a new automotive Company in the Nitra region. We are hiring for the position of Dimensional Control Engineer (Quality/Measurement/Metrology).
This is opportunity also for experienced Quality Engineers, Senior Quality Engineers with willingness to learn.
Purpose of the Position:
From the Design phase to the Commercial Launch of the vehicle, the Dimensional Control Engineer will lead and perform complex problem solving with respect to dimensional accuracy, fit and function in Body, Paint and Assembly shops.
This involve cross functional interaction to define tolerancing, locator strategy, measurement plan strategy, part feasibility in a design phase, and then lead the maturation of the body accuracy and fit with trim part via process commissioning, quality loop in stamping, bodyshop, trim and final assembly.
- Locator Strategy for Body assembly
- Gauging Strategy for single panel and parts
- Part design feasibility assessment
- Analyse BIW measurement reports (CMM, Inline/Perceptron, etc)
- Analyse Stamping part measurement reports
- Analyse Trim part measurement reports
- Process commissioning methodology (co holing exercise…)
- Checking fixture commissioning
- Root cause analysis through evaluation of measurement data & 'hands on' panel/fixture fitting techniques
- Implement confirmed (temporary/permanent) countermeasures for dimensional, fit & function problems
- Initiate part sample production trial to detect process defects/errors and to confirm product changes and quality improvements
2.Confirmation/optimization of operating processes and supplier parts
- Develop concepts to improve BIW tooling (dies & assembly fixtures) and inspection devices Initiate product & process change concepts in-house as well as external suppliers
- Confirm stamping/assembly parts in regards to dimensional accuracy/repeatability & manufacturability
- Consult with tool and part suppliers regarding optimization of dies and assembly fixtures with SQE
- Support Fit & Function Team analysis of daily issues as required
- Support development and follow up of quality feedback loops
- Support Process Engineering with manufacturability issues
- Mature the BIW process to reach excellence in capability
- Mature the BIW product to deliver conform customer features (capable as well)
3.Initiate confirmation activities
- Documentation of all trial plans and data results
- Initiate Design Change Requests and Part Deviation Request
- Support Process Engineering in developing concepts for larger process tooling and equipment changes
- Initiate product 'rework' work instructions when necessary
- Develop/integration of special tools, models and templates
4.Organization/participation at meetings
- Report out activity results at quality meetings
- Confirm results of internal and external initiated changes at the supplier
- Lead/Coordinate bringing cross-functional workgroups (Process Engineering, Quality, Production and Product Development) together to solve complex problems
- Facilitate dimensional accuracy and quality meetings with the appropriate areas
- Support the Core Department continuous improvement by being active in Lesson & Learning feedback
- Develop standardisation of methodology, deliverables, input and output template
- Participate on benchmarking analysis of other OEM to collect best practice and adaptation to the JLR environment
Prestige brand with a lot of benefits.
Requirements for the employee
Secondary with school-leaving examination
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Personality requirements and skills
- Engineers should be highly self-motivated, production orientated individuals, with proven team leading and effective communication skills.
- Applicants should ideally possess a grade, in a relevant Engineering Discipline and sound hands on experience in the dimensional product on tooling maturation, preferably in the Body Shop.
- Computer literacy and an ability to write technical reports and give presentations are essential requirements.
- Experience in metrology and manufacturing engineering as well as Six Sigma experience as Green Belt or Black Belt are beneficial
- Self motivated, confident, team player.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
In case you fulfill the above stated requirements, and are interested please send us your CV in Slovak and English language. Adecco will contact only selected candidates , given the large number of applicants . Thank you for your understanding, we look forward to our future cooperation.