Dimensional Control Lead Engineer (Quality, Measurement/Metrology) - Automotive
Information about the position
Place of work
Nitra region, Nitra
Job description, responsibilities and duties
We have an exciting opportunity to work for a new automotive Company in the Nitra region. We are hiring for the position of Dimensional Control Lead Engineer (Quality/Measurement/Metrology).
This is opportunity also for experienced Quality Engineers, Senior Quality Engineers with willingness to learn and good problem solving ability.
Purpose of the Position:
From the Design phase to the Commercial Launch of the vehicle, the Dimensional Control Engineer will lead and perform complex problem solving with respect to dimensional accuracy, fit and function in Body, Paint and Assembly shops.
This involve cross functional interaction to define tolerancing, locator strategy, measurement plan strategy, part feasibility in a design phase, and then lead the maturation of the body accuracy and fit with trim part via process commissioning, quality loop in stamping, bodyshop, trim and final assembly.
The Lead Engineer will have a management responsibility to conduct a team of Dimensional Control Engineer in order to deliver an outstanding performance for Body accuracy.
- Locator Strategy for Body assembly
- Gauging Strategy for single panel and parts
- Part design feasibility assessment
- Analyse BIW measurement reports (CMM, Inline/Perceptron, etc)
- Analyse Stamping part measurement reports
- Analyse Trim part measurement reports
- Process commissioning methodology (co holing exercise…)
- Checking fixture commissioning
- Root cause analysis through evaluation of measurement data & 'hands on' panel/fixture fitting techniques
- Implement confirmed (temporary/permanent) countermeasures for dimensional, fit & function problems
- Initiate part sample production trial to detect process defects/errors and to confirm product changes and quality improvements
2. Confirmation/optimization of operating processes and supplier parts
- Develop concepts to improve BIW tooling (dies & assembly fixtures) and inspection devices Initiate product & process change concepts in-house as well as external suppliers
- Confirm stamping/assembly parts in regards to dimensional accuracy/repeatability & manufacturability
- Consult with tool and part suppliers regarding optimization of dies and assembly fixtures with SQE
- Support Fit & Function Team analysis of daily issues as required
- Support development and follow up of quality feedback loops
- Support Process Engineering with manufacturability issues
- Mature the BIW process to reach excellence in capability
- Mature the BIW product to deliver conform customer features (capable as well)
3. Initiate confirmation activities
- Build the Master schedule of Dimensional Control activities and monitor the smooth application
- Initiate Design Change Requests and Part Deviation Request
- Support Process Engineering in developing concepts for larger process tooling and equipment changes
- Ensure problem solving methodology is applied for any issue and report Road MAP to drive the BIW maturation to outstanding accuracy on target for each gateway
- Develop/integration of special tools, models and templates
4. Organization/participation at meetings
- Lead a team of Dimensional Control Engineer and define their objectives, conduct the progress and guidance to the success
- Develop the organisation to optimise an outstanding outcome from the Dimensional Control Engineer team
- Report out activity results at quality meetings
- Confirm results of internal and external initiated changes at the supplier
- Lead/Coordinate bringing cross-functional workgroups (Process Engineering, Quality, Production and Product Development) together to solve complex problems
- Facilitate dimensional accuracy and quality meetings with the appropriate areas
5. Core Department
- Lead the Core Department continuous improvement with Lean methodology
- Develop standardisation of methodology, deliverables, input and output template
- Active on benchmarking analysis of other OEM to collect best practice and adaptation to the JLR environment
Prestige brand with a lot of benefits.
Requirements for the employee
Secondary with school-leaving examination
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Personality requirements and skills
- Engineers should be highly self-motivated, production orientated individuals, with proven team leading and effective communication skills.
- Applicants should ideally possess a Degree, in a relevant Engineering Discipline and sound hands on experience in the dimensional product on tooling maturation, preferably in the Body Shop.
- Computer literacy and an ability to write technical reports and give presentations are essential requirements.
- Experience in metrology and manufacturing engineering as well as Six Sigma experience as Green Belt or Black Belt are beneficial
- Self motivated, confident, team player and Leadership.
- Time management is key
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
- Ability to work in a fast moving/changing environment
In case you fulfill the above stated requirements, and are interested please send us your CV in Slovak and English language. Adecco will contact only selected candidates , given the large number of applicants . Thank you for your understanding, we look forward to our future cooperation.